Takeme2Oz

TRBWA.....for dummies!!

Hi,

Our 189 visa has been granted (Yay!!!). I am an early years teacher (with a positive AITSL assessment) and need to register with both TRBWA and ACECQA. I'd like to know if there is a step by step guide for a UK teacher moving to Perth? I've looked through some old posts which have been helpful but I feel I've researched so many things it's a muddled so need a simple version lol! Or if anyone has been through the registration process and has some do's and don'ts I would love to hear them!!

My first questions are.....

I need to provisionally apply for non-practicing registration, right?

Do I send the Crim Trac form with my application form or elsewhere?

My degree was in animal science so not education related, will this be a problem?

Thanks for for any advice!!!

Selina

Great news about your visa! Hopefully I can help with some of your questions:

1. Yes, non-practising, then you change it to practising once you start work.

2. I sent it with my application (I think, but it was quite a while ago, so maybe best to check on that one, sorry!).

3. I'm secondary so my degree mattered, however for early years I suspect they'll just be looking to see whether you have a degree (of any subject) and then have the matching PGCE or equivalent for early years.

Hope that helps and good luck :)

How are you certifying your documents to be sent to TRBWA? Are you still in the UK?

Im still in the UK, I have a friend who is a teacher in Victoria and she is actually back in the UK for Christmas so was going to ask her to certify everything? Is that ok? How have you found teaching over there Benj1980? X

Things are different but no issues. Just lots of paperwork to complete to allow you to work. I've had a lot of relief work and other schools have phoned asking my availability so quite pleasing. Oh and job starting in February!

Congratulations Ben, great news! We fly on Thursday and my post starts end Jan/start Feb. Can't believe it's here already! Sorry to hear about all the paperwork you've had to do.

Good stuff! It's just one of those things, no point complaining it needs to be done! I'm still waiting for my pay to be backdated at the correct level as well due to my experience. Basically as soon as you arrive apply for your tax file number, Medicare, bank details, health insurance etc to provide you with as much ID as possible to obtain other ID such as working with children card!

Congratulations Ben, great news! We fly on Thursday and my post starts end Jan/start Feb. Can't believe it's here already! Sorry to hear about all the paperwork you've had to do.

Good luck with the flight and settling in @chatterbox keep us updated on how you are getting on!! Xx

Good stuff! It's just one of those things, no point complaining it needs to be done! I'm still waiting for my pay to be backdated at the correct level as well due to my experience. Basically as soon as you arrive apply for your tax file number, Medicare, bank details, health insurance etc to provide you with as much ID as possible to obtain other ID such as working with children card!

did you fill in your TRBWA registration in pen or on the computer? I'm having laptop problems at the min so can't check if I can download the form and edit it whereas I can print the form off the tablet to fill it in with pen x

I've just randomly checked the teacher registration list and my name is on it!!! Woo hoo!!! Feel like another big hurdle has been overcome :-)

Sooooo does anyone have any suggestions for my next steps? Any advice on writing a CV and cover letter for the Australian job market? Best agencies?

Would love to secure some work before I come over, seems to be a few Early Years jobs in private day care so fingers crossed xx

*bump*

Any updates on the current application process?

What education qualifications did you hold and how did you check they would be acceptable & equivalent?

What evidence did you have to prove your 45 standard teaching practice?

What questions (if any) did TRBWA come back with?