cancellation rights

Monkey2645

Does anyone know consumer rights as to whether you can cancel a policy before it starts? - in the UK there's a cancellation policy that allows you to cancel usually within 14 days of starting a policy. Cant remember what it's called - maybe change of mind policy.

Sorry if that's not very clear typing on phone (grrr broadband) :mad:

Its for broadband. I haven't been able to review my t&cs as I still don't actually have broadband to do so and the company I no longer wish to proceed with (due to non existent customer service) has a terrible website too, at least for phone browsing.

From what I've been able to google i don't think there is but was hoping someone would know better

I had a huge fight with IINet, signed up with them for broadband & phone service, after 3 months still no broadband, phone worked fine, but I didnt want the phone, the old excuse of 'no ports' eventually they refunded me every penny and took the useless modem back, basically if you signed up for a service they are unable to supply, you are well within your rights to cancel and get your money back

Guest Guest6235

Earlier in the year I went with a company for business insurance and a day or two later found somewhere with better cover and cheaper. I phoned the original company back and said I wanted to cancel as knew they had a 14 day cooling off period, they cancelled my policy with no arguments and were very polite. I'm hoping you can do the same.

Thanks all. When I finally got through on the phone they were actually super nice and didn't argue at all.

Now I've just got iinet to deal with (funny how that autocorrected to inept) - had the no ports thing with them and thought they were done and gone including cancelling the phone line and they've just connected me to the Internet (haven't sent a modem though) and are trying to charge me $200 for the privilege lol oh lol