Safety in perth

Woj

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 1/2 years in WA, was in UK last Christmas for a month.

I feel my house is safer in my suburb in UK than it is here in Secret Harbour, primarily because in all my time there, I can only recall one person being broken into, yet here where I live in WA it is being talked about on a regular basis on residents pages of social media. The residents of the WA suburb I live in are crying out for local police station to combat the current crime wave, but instead we will get a macdonalds and an Aldi. If you wish you could apply to join one of the Secret Harbour residents Facebook groups and keep a track of it yourself.

Im sorry my personal opinion is so much different to everyone's , including it seems the WA and West Midlands police, but it is my opinion and whilst Glaswegians may 'boast' about its crime figures, we Black Country Folk tend to keep them to ourselves.

One valid point you do make, is the fact that watching west midlands football is a very dismal affair.

Now I've already missed 'Sister Act' on TV i'm going to watch 'Sister Act 2' in peace.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you here mate, we all have different experiences when doing the move and for various different reasons it just isn't right for some, hopefully when you get back to blighty things are still the same and your town hasn't been invaded by the huge influx of immigrants the UK has seen in the last few years, I know its ironic to complain about immigrants ruining the country, but it was another factor in my decision to move. Glasgow isn't as bad as it's made out and even us Glaswegians tend to talk it down, but if you have never been take a run up for a weekend break, I'll even put you in touch with some guys to take you to see the Rangers working our way back to the pinnacle of Scottish football, (I do realise its not a very high pinnacle), despite what many say it is a very friendly city and which may change your views on my home town.

My wife and kids love it here and I really do believe the crime to be much lower than back home, maybe I've been exposed to more of it than others or summit like that, in any case I won't be copying you and going back as this is my home now.

Good luck on the move mate and I hope the new year brings you everything you are missing.

Guest Guest6235
Been here 6 months now, Carramar/Tapping area.

If you are from any major city in the UK then life here is a walk in the park.

So you're not in the city, you're actually 30 mins outside the city so you need to compare to a suburb which is something similar. I compare the suburbs 25 mins plus outside a city such as my previous suburb back in England and many more things happen around here.

Edited by Guest6235

Guest Guest6235
Perth is a city in a first world country. It has all of the same issues and benefits.

Crime rates between Perth (and Australia generally) are about the same as the UK. Some indivual crimes are a bit higher, some a bit lower, but overall about the same.

How are things Stormy after we exchanged messages? Do you still have an eye on moving back? I think it was your wife that wanted to stay wasn't it? Anyway, happy new year to you whatever you decide.

So you're not in the city, you're actually 30 mins outside the city so you need to compare to a suburb which is something similar. I compare the suburbs 25 mins plus outside a city such as my previous suburb back in England and many more things happen around here.

Well yes and no. It's very hard to compare like for like as structurally the towns and cities in both countries are very different.

Guest Guest6235

Oohh honestly Jack lol. You never know I may bump into you, you're not far away!. I like to say about the good and bad & not just what I see from my rose tinted glasses.

Guest Guest6235
Perth is a city in a first world country. It has all of the same issues and benefits.

Crime rates between Perth (and Australia generally) are about the same as the UK. Some indivual crimes are a bit higher, some a bit lower, but overall about the same.

You're not wrong, amazing they're about the same when you compare population.

Honestly, Keefo and Verystormy are the ultimate doom monger double act, glum and glummer.

Its fantastic here.

I doubt we mix in the same circles mate, you seem a bit negative.

Been out paddle boarding this morning at Mullaloo, just heading out to golf, kids are in the pool, whats not to love?

Idiots everywhere, burglaries everywhere, as long as you have a bit of common sense and aren't expecting the garden of Eden you should be able to make a much better, healthier, more optimistic way of life here.

Just my opinion of course, doubt Ill be on again for another few months now as out there living the Aussie life !

Guest Guest6235
Oh, and people talk about the ICE situation out here, no different to the cocaine situation in the UK, Cocaine is out of control in UK Cities

Not sure Jack, never mixed with druggies in UK, does it help your swing on the fairway? All I know is down our road druggies smashed sliders to get in to our friends and neighbours partner had 5 blokes trying to get into hers.....later found out all high on ICE.

I assume you mean per capita.

Guest Guest6235
you making friends again keefo!

Yes definitely. He's obviously not a fan of Kings park,kayaking and Hamelin bay etc etc etc etc if he thinks I'm being negative with ALL my views.