mrmrshunter

Im really trying....

to be patient! anyone else struggling with the visa grant wait?? over xmas and new year was just a killer! :arghh:

I'm at the same stage as you but only submitted xmas eve or so, the days seem long and I must have checked my emails a million times, even though I cannot expect to hear anything for weeks, possibly months...

Feeling your pain guys.... I know that the time waiting for the visa for us felt like a lifetime..... we did it before the advent of computers and the internet so it was all paper based and through glorious Royal Mail!. Please remember though that Australia seems to close down from Christmas thru to end of January because it is the long school holiday and most businesses/government departments are working with half a workforce.... a bit like France in August really! Keep us all posted though please!

Thanks :) its just a waiting game really isnt it... i would just like to be able to book flights etc as we now live with my parents and its not easy us all being in a smaller house lol one bathroom......6 people...... interesting lol! if i had an end date i could work towards that would help alot! ALOT! :)

We applied in May 2014, for a 143 Contributory Parent Visa, and we think we are now in the zone! That said we have now been told to start thinking March/April now. We are travelling around Europe filling in the time, visiting places we should have done before now, and wont have a chance to do once/if visa gets approved! Still checking emails daily :-)

We applied in May 2014, for a 143 Contributory Parent Visa, and we think we are now in the zone! That said we have now been told to start thinking March/April now. We are travelling around Europe filling in the time, visiting places we should have done before now, and wont have a chance to do once/if visa gets approved! Still checking emails daily :-)

This is the idea ! We thought about buying a vw camper ( not an old one) …… and tour abit of europe before we head out , still might if nursing jobs maintain to be on lesser side ;o)

Ours is a 489 family sponsored visa X we are saving every penny we have for the big move so no galavanting for us! Xx

These are generally the slowest of the skilled visas.

Its so nerve rakcing we were hoping our eldest wouldnt miss too much of the school year when it started but im getting nervous too - we are staying with my parents so its a bit cramped!

What visa is it you have applied for Leahlouise17?? hopefully we all hear soon!

oh hopfully its soon! we were assigned a case officer the beginning of Dec but already had all out medicals and police checks and everything in hand lol im really excited too!! pray we hear soon!!

What's the average wait time? My working holiday visa is up in 7 months and i'd like to get the ball rolling now in regards to state sponsorship. i've already got a potential contract for 1 year in a rural area - would that speed up the process?

What's the average wait time? My working holiday visa is up in 7 months and i'd like to get the ball rolling now in regards to state sponsorship. i've already got a potential contract for 1 year in a rural area - would that speed up the process?

WHV's are usually quick if applying from UK and you are only allowed to work for an employer for 6 months

Does anyone know how long it takes to grant the 309/100 - Spousal Visa from the UK? I'm an Aussie girl married to a British guy and both kids have Australian Citizenship by descent so it's just my hubbie that needs the permanent spousal visa. I was told 10 months.....