Container leaves Friday!!!

EmmaT

Hi all,

Well, 457 visa through, leaving party done and flying out end of Jan!! Container is leaving on Friday so I have 5 days to buy stuff to fill it!! Just wondered for all you guys out there, if you had the chance of a container now, what type of stuff would you put in it knowing now what you do about prices over there.......towels? Bed linen, sweets, etc!

thanks

emma

Good quality furnishings, Linen etc. Bring some Uk gang plugs too that way you will only need to change the plug on the gang plug and you will be able to plug everything in to it with their existing uk socket ( think TV, DVD, Game console, speakers...and PC wires)

Decent stuff costs a lot over here!

Oh yeah , Dyson vacuum cleaners! By loads and sell em over here lol

Guest Guest6235

As Plimthing says, bed linen and some other things are expensive but other stuff works out cheaper or the same. When you do get here and need any electrical items such as fridge freezers, washing machines don't be afraid to play one store off against the other and barter with them. Most of the gear we've bought we got for well under asking price. Stores such as Harvey Norman if you ask if they can knock any money off they will do but then you say 'The good guys' will do it at xxxx amount then Normans will knock more off. I don't think I'd ever be able to barter with the man in Currys store or Dixons when it was around. Our Dyson handheld was cheaper here when i compared it. We brought all our other gear over here such as beds,kitchenware, bikes, towels so wasn't an issue to us. You can get basic kettles, cutlery etc from Kmart and Target, we actually bought a $7 kettle and a basic toaster for approx same price from kmart and they still work, I have to admit that the toaster is better than a branded one we brought across with us.