Springfield Or Poynter Primary school

family4ready2go

Help Needed! Arrived 2 weeks ago and need to decide on a school NOR

Pointer Primary School in south Duncraig, and Springfield Primary School in Kallaroo have out of catchment area spaces for my two sons who will be in kindy and year 1.

We will move to the area the school is in once we have decided. We are currently in a holiday let for the next 5 weeks.

On paper Poynter is a better school but the Head changed in 2014 and the 2015 NAPLAN results aren't available yet. Dose anyone know anything about the school now the head has changed?

Springfield Primary results are good but not as good as Poynter and it seems a very nurturing laid back school.

Any advice on these schools and also living in Kallaroo or Duncraig would be appreciated.

Help Needed! Arrived 2 weeks ago and need to decide on a school NOR

Pointer Primary School in south Duncraig, and Springfield Primary School in Kallaroo have out of catchment area spaces for my two sons who will be in kindy and year 1.

We will move to the area the school is in once we have decided. We are currently in a holiday let for the next 5 weeks.

On paper Poynter is a better school but the Head changed in 2014 and the 2015 NAPLAN results aren't available yet. Dose anyone know anything about the school now the head has changed?

Springfield Primary results are good but not as good as Poynter and it seems a very nurturing laid back school.

Any advice on these schools and also living in Kallaroo or Duncraig would be appreciated.

I know nothing of Poynter but know a few people who had their kids at Springfield and were happy but a lot of people there don't like the catchment high school which is Belridge Secondary College. If you live in Duncraig then many would say that Duncraig SHS is a better (on paper) school.

Thanks for the info, it is such a difficult decision and i need to make it quickly. The high schools is a good point as they will wan't to go to the school their friends are going to.

I had to move my eldest daughter from private school to Belridge and I have to say I can't fault the place. Many people (without any direct experience) will tell you to avoid it but I would have no hesitate recommending it.

Have you had a tour of both schools and a meeting with the Principals? If not I strongly suggest that you do, and that you base your decision on what school on which one would best suit your children. Both schools have good reputations. However with children as young as yours, I think it might be a mistake to choose a primary school based on which secondary school they feed into. There are many years before your children will graduated onto secondary education and anything could happen in that time school-wise or family-wise.

It isn't easy deciding on schools, but if you have done your hands on research, the decision you make will be the best at the time.

Thanks for all your advice. We had a drive around as their was not much difference between the schools and decided on Springfield in Kallaroo as we think there will be more property available in the areas near the school that we can afford/want to live in. We can look at hillarys, Kallaroo, Padbury and mullaloo now for a rental or property to buy. Sorrento and Marmon are a bit more expensive. The nice part of Duncraig is quite small so less chance of a house becoming available for us.

I think we are going for the beach bum life style!!!

• 5 months later...
Thanks for all your advice. We had a drive around as their was not much difference between the schools and decided on Springfield in Kallaroo as we think there will be more property available in the areas near the school that we can afford/want to live in. We can look at hillarys, Kallaroo, Padbury and mullaloo now for a rental or property to buy. Sorrento and Marmon are a bit more expensive. The nice part of Duncraig is quite small so less chance of a house becoming available for us.

I think we are going for the beach bum life style!!!

Ive sent you pm …. weve just enroled our daughter for kindy , so would love your thoughts on school :o)