Tiggerprawns

What is salary saving???

Do you mean salary sacrifice? If so check out https://www.smartsalary.com.au/

That's one of the company's you can sign up to, and I'm sure there's a better explanation on the website than I could offer. It's basically just a way for certain public sector staff to reduce the amount of tax they pay. Almost everyone does the living expenses and the meal card. I didn't find the car leasing very competitive though I know quite a few people at work that have lease cars. I use Smart Salary and they are very helpful. If you have questions, just give them a call, Deb

I'm not 100% sure, but I was under impression that salary sacrifice was something like you paid for items out of your salary, before you are taxed, therefore you pay less tax????? im not an accountant or in payroll, im an aircraft engineer. I do know how gas turbine engines work and I'm an expert in the theory of flight.

Anyone can "salary sacrifice", not just public servants. There is a proper way to do it, and it is only available for certain things. There are various companies who perform this service, and a simple google search of "salary sacrifice companies in WA" will bring up a long list of them. I have used Maxxia in the past before retirement, and have found them to be incredibly efficient. Salary sacrifice doesn't work for everyone, but it is well worth looking into.

Salary sacrifice is a great tax saving tool to get more money into super or pay for certain things that may be tax free you pay for these things before Yu receive your after tax dollars. The health industry has different options where you can actually pay for more things before tax is taken out and you can save significant dollars. I would say well worth doing if you are lucky enough to have this option. My thoughts anyway. Not personal advice.