ginni1062

Non destructive testing jobs

Hi I'm looking at emigrating to Perth, just wondering if anybody has emigrated and found work within the Ndt industry, is there plenty of job opportunities and is there a certain part of Perth wheres there's more Ndt jobs than others?

Hope someone can help.

Marc

What sector...? We use NDT guys in the aerospace industry and of which every airline at Perth International uses a company called ANDI. maybe google them and see what they have. The guys I know there get to travel all over Oz so sounds like its a trade in demand!

Hi and welcome.

The main job site is seek.com.au

however, ensuring you qualify for a visa is the first priority.

Hi very stormy thanks for the advice my wife is just finishing off a social work degree at university so hoping that will actually get us our family visa :-D

What sector...? We use NDT guys in the aerospace industry and of which every airline at Perth International uses a company called ANDI. maybe google them and see what they have. The guys I know there get to travel all over Oz so sounds like its a trade in demand!

Hi plimthing, very good advice. Im currently working in aerospace on alot of airbus products so this will be brilliant. I will have a look at the website. Do you work in NDT?

No, I'm a Licensed Aircraft Engineer...so I'm the guy that signs for your work on live aircraft!

As you know NDT is very sought after in our industry so there is always a need for qualified people. Get in touch with ANDI, they may even be interested in sponsorship. What you got to lose?

No, I'm a Licensed Aircraft Engineer...so I'm the guy that signs for your work on live aircraft!

As you know NDT is very sought after in our industry so there is always a need for qualified people. Get in touch with ANDI, they may even be interested in sponsorship. What you got to lose?

Ohh that's brilliant. Great advice. I will definitely be sending a email to ANDI this evening. Thanks again plimthing.

Ohh that's brilliant. Great advice. I will definitely be sending a email to ANDI this evening. Thanks again plimthing.

A few things to be aware of.

First, you need to check your occupation is on one of the skills lists as it needs to be for sponsorship.

Second, if it is eligible, you would need to be aware the most common sponsored visa is a 457. This visa has a number of major issues such as it is only a temporary visa. It is tied to the employer, so, if you were to lose your job for any reason, you only have 90 days to find an alternative sponsor or leave the country. There are fees for education if you have children.

If if though your occupation is on one of the lists, it may be better for you to be the main applicant rather than your wife. Part of the process for gaining a permanent visa is a skills assessment and for most occupations this requires several years post qualifacation experience.