Ndoyle

Accountants work around Perth

Hi

Just wondering what the job market for accountants around the Perth area is like at the moment. I have ten years post qualification experience and have worked in an general practice, as a company accountant and now as assistant director of finance in a university.

Would welcome any comments and advice.

thanks!:cool:

Accountants generally across Australia have an issue of too many chasing too few jobs. Hence, the occupation has been flagged for potential removal from the SOL list in July.

There is work out there if you are in the corporate world. I took 6 months to find my job but I work in nfp sector in the migrant/refugee field so a very small field as never worked in the corporate world. I got my job in December but got the school holidays off so started last week.

The job market has changed due to the mining downturn but there are still jobs out there - LinkedIn is used a lot here (for accountants) so make sure your profile is fully up to date and you have some good references on there. There are a few key agencies that seem to have the majority of the jobs and so many of them are from the UK if you have good experience you should be fine.