Jump to content

Empty property whilst selling - advice please

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

Our uk house is about to go up for sale and the tenants are moving out. So, I need to sort empty home insurance and looking online it looks like slim pickings for choice! I'm with tower gate for our rental insurance and could ask them for a quote but looking online their rules look strict (over the top) and excesses high. Has anyone any recommendations? I've heard Adrian flux may be the best option?

I also need to sort putting the water rates, gas, electricity and council tax back into our names, oh what fun.


hoping for a quick sale :) !


thanks as always for any tips

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cia and tower do vacant property insurance there are 3 levels of cover. You have to provide an alternate post code eg relative or good friend. You get,6 months free council tax after that a 50% reduction as property empty. Other utilise can be emailed to you for payment.

Edited by elfie

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now