luciew1

APHRA v ANMAC

I am currently a registered nurse. which do I apply for first ?

If I do aphra first then do I only need a modified anmac test ?

what can i use from columns a, b and c as I wouldnt have applied fro my visa at this point

thanks

I am currently a registered nurse. which do I apply for first ?

If I do aphra first then do I only need a modified anmac test ?

what can i use from columns a, b and c as I wouldnt have applied fro my visa at this point

thanks

We are at a similar position to you. We are applying for Ahpra registration first, then the modified skills assessment. It is now recommended to do it this way as a positive skills assessment does not guarantee Ahpra registration. They are supposed to be more aligned now but people are hitting stumbling blocks according to post on here. We are hoping to get the full Ahpra registration by providing the ID required for group A, B & C. If you can't satisfy these it states you will only get provisional registration that needs finalising at an Ahpra office. You would not be able to do modified skills assessment until fully registered.

We are applying for Ahpra first as that does not require IELTS if you satisfy the primary pathway. Then with AHPRA registration we can do the modified skills assessment which not only is cheaper but also does not require IELTS. This means my wife can just do the general version or persons CPE academic for points only. This is just the way we have chosen to do it.

We are applying for Ahpra first as that does not require IELTS if you satisfy the primary pathway. Then with AHPRA registration we can do the modified skills assessment which not only is cheaper but also does not require IELTS. This means my wife can just do the general version or persons CPE academic for points only. This is just the way we have chosen to do it.

I remember a post relating to this a while ago not sure if it was on this forum though , the conclusion seemed to be that AHPRA do require to see original documents ie passport before they give full registration , unless you lodge you're application at an AHPRA office and they site it there , they will not accept certified copies sent , mind you they change the rules so often who knows , check with ANMAC to see if they will do a modified assessment on provisional registration , will see if I can find the thread relating to this

I remember a post relating to this a while ago not sure if it was on this forum though , the conclusion seemed to be that AHPRA do require to see original documents ie passport before they give full registration , unless you lodge you're application at an AHPRA office and they site it there , they will not accept certified copies sent , mind you they change the rules so often who knows , check with ANMAC to see if they will do a modified assessment on provisional registration , will see if I can find the thread relating to this

It used to be that you have to present at an AHPRA office with ID within 12 months of being told you would be registered - don't know if this is still the case. As you say, rules change so often it's hard to keep up.

Hi.. I am a registered nurse from Singapore (with 3 years diploma and 1 year top up degree in nursing) plus 4 years working experience. I applied to ANMAC in April 2015. They replied to me sometime in May 2015 to say that due to some changes at ANMAC they cannot process my application until I obtained AHPRA registration. ANMAC said they will put my application on hold for 2 years and issued me a reference no. So in June 2015, I applied to AHPRA and in January 2016 was granted in principle registration. Thereafter, I went to AHPRA office in Brisbane to be fully registered. My name now appears on the AHPRA register. On 11th February I went back to ANMAC with my reference no. and they are now processing my application. That's just my story....