Hi I would be interested to know if anybody has secured a nursing job in Perth recently? I see WA health have a job freeze on till June and was wondering if this is the same with the private sector ?

Hi I would be interested to know if anybody has secured a nursing job in Perth recently? I see WA health have a job freeze on till June and was wondering if this is the same with the private sector ?

there is no freeze in the private sector, but because of the public freeze jobs in private sector are like hens teeth , there is agency work but again with so many nurses seeking shifts even agency work is not as plentiful. The thinking seems to be that the freeze may extend beyond June but will have to wait and See , not the best time for nursing in WA at the mo

Also, nobody knows yet if / how many nurses may be made redundant in the coming cuts

I suspect the redundancies will be in positions that don't need to be re-filled. There's also probably a high number of redeployed floating around

I suspect the redundancies will be in positions that don't need to be re-filled. There's also probably a high number of redeployed floating around

And I think that sounds the same for every government department in WA. Being retired ex-Education Dept, I can assure you it is happening there too.

I've had contact with a couple of agency's who can only offer temporary contract and agency work so not looking great, I'm just praying that the OH bags himself a decent job so I don't hAve to worry too much.fingers crossed things improve over the next 12months

if there are limited/no nursing jobs and redundancies p, what is the status of the new Perth children's hospital. although I know building has been delayed it will still be quite a large hospital needing nurses right? Will there not be a recruitment for this? ""Naive thinking""

i am hoping to obtain a visa 189 in the coming months and I don't think it will be a good start in our new life in oz with no job or money. Can someone shed some light. Also I know the SOL is being reviewed in July, is there a likelihood that nursing can be taken off scheduled 1. I think may application could be right on the cusp of the changes.

Thank you you for help x

if there are limited/no nursing jobs and redundancies p, what is the status of the new Perth children's hospital. although I know building has been delayed it will still be quite a large hospital needing nurses right? Will there not be a recruitment for this? ""Naive thinking""

i am hoping to obtain a visa 189 in the coming months and I don't think it will be a good start in our new life in oz with no job or money. Can someone shed some light. Also I know the SOL is being reviewed in July, is there a likelihood that nursing can be taken off scheduled 1. I think may application could be right on the cusp of the changes.

Thank you you for help x

It depends - obviously, there will be the transfer of existing staff and then if there are any re-deployees suitably qualified for posts - options for staff from other hospitals to transfer. When Fiona Stanley opened there was a lot of recruitment, however, one of the problems has been that they now have more staff than activity and this is one of the reasons that there is a job freeze.

Personally, I do think there will have to be recruitment but wether they learn from staffing Fiona Stanley and do it more gradually I don't know.

Thank you you for help x

Although it is a new build it replaces the existing children's hospital so many staff will transfer

As to Nursing being removed from the SOL unlikely but who knows , Australia is awash with Accountants and they are still on the list (although flagged i believe now)