Cdon5

Electrician/qualifications

Hi!

So im I'm looking for advise on what I need to do or who I need to contact to get all my electrical qualifications reviewed for working in west Oz ?

Any information on this or anything I need to do for getting a job would help loads.

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

The first question is do you have a visa?

If not, then you would need a skills assessment for the visa. This is separate to the electrical license. That you can only do once in WA. It is a mix of college training and working as a trade assistant for a year

Hi and welcome.

The first question is do you have a visa?

If not, then you would need a skills assessment for the visa. This is separate to the electrical license. That you can only do once in WA. It is a mix of college training and working as a trade assistant for a year

so no I don't have a vide yet but I have done the online skill assessment which come back all ok. They told me I have to send of my cv in. Just wanted to know what happens now really ?

Who is telling you to send you Cv? If you have done an online assessment don't know what it is but it is definitely not enough to get s visa.

Who is telling you to send you Cv? If you have done an online assessment don't know what it is but it is definitely not enough to get s visa.

Hi weedolly ! I know just sending my CV in isn't enough to get a skilled visa. That is what a lady from the visa bureau has asked me to send her to make sure she is sure I qualify for the next step ?

You need to get your skills assessed which includes a practical exam. Am not sure if it's vet assess or future skills that do electricians. This will give you an Ostr. You need this to them apply for a supervised licence rhen you will have to do courses and work supervised and keep s log book for up to a year before you are able to apply for your A grade.

The agents probably just want your CV to check potential eligibility as in order to pass a skills assessment you need a combination of experience and qualifications. If they are happy, the next things that happen is to calculate your points and start the skills assessment. Be aware that most people find they need to boost their points by taking English exams such as ILETS. Once all that is done, you can lodge an expression of interest and wait for an invitation to apply

Thank you that's a geat help. Do u know the company I need to send my paper work of to to make sure my certifications are passed ?

I think it is Vestass, but your agent should advise you and what you need to send. It isn't just a case of sending your certificates. You will need evidence of all your work history and many trades have to undertake an interview and even practical assessment. Again, your agent should tell you what you need to do