Elizabeth Quay - what do you think?

NorthumbrianDavid

Given it cost over half a billion and most of the companies forecast to develop on it have since pulled the plug. A total and utter waste of money.

But, hey, the government are rich. So rich they have announced they cant afford to pay for 1 in 14 health workers and they will have to be chopped.

I actually love it - it has already attracted people back into the city, I think once finished and some established businesses settled in then it will be even better. I think development of the water front was needed. I'm happy with it, I've been and will continue to go and enjoy it.

Well, guys I have not seen it yet but have heard a lot about it, mix reviews. I was supposed to go to noodle fair/festival tonight but couldn't go. Govt used to be rich but too many structures all at the same time have sent it almost broke. The same old story when a politician want to make his mark, sometimes is good and other times is far too costly. So far most people are happy about it but unfortunately, too many existing businesses are suffering at the moment because new ones keep popping up. People seem to follow flavors of the month etc. So to have an attraction like that may be good but have to see how long the honeymoon lasts. BTW, I always wished bell tower was bigger from day one, for the amount of money it cost, so hard to see it even from South Perth. Oh well, you have to forgive me for not sounding enthusiastic, I have been living here far too long to see how the small businesses suffer. Dont get me wrong, I dont own a small business but I do feel for them, since so many of them go broke and sometimes families are broken too.