So we are finally here..... my thoughts 2 weeks in!!

JaseandAnne

So to follow on from my previous post we are now 2 and half weeks in and my thoughts so far,

Its nice to wake up to mostly sunny days that by mid morning have become nice and warm and its autumn, even the rainy days are warm.

The driving is still bad but I like the road speeds now, as someone else said on my previous post, back in the UK everyone is travelling 80-90mph and bumper to bumper, where here its much slower which, when you don't know your way around, leaves room for error.

Parking spaces aren't small its that the cars are big, parked next to a jacked up 4x4 the other day and realised I couldn't open my door properly cause his wheels were in my space.

Bought a car and didn't really have an issue with changing it into my name other than the process is terribly time consuming, go to licensing office, take a ticket, sit there for ages, your number gets called, then do paperwork, then PAY 3% PURCHASE TAX, then leave!! Still paying tax on a 17 year old car!!!!! The government must rack it in, no wonder people don't change cars very often.

House hunting has been going well, luckily for us its a Renters/buyers market, there are lots of houses on the market and we've looked at loads and that has become the problem we are now being to fussy!!

Not seen any spiders or snakes other than the red back that was living in my car gearbox mounting, until today when it was introduced to brake cleaner fluid!!! Red backs are bigger than I thought!!!

Been around a few garages for a job and have an interview Monday and been offered some part time work at a garage that's found itself busy. So there is work out there.

Ive found contacting home easier than I thought other than I have to stay up because of time difference but, Skype and Facetime have been really clear. We use Vodafone here and a little tip for those coming over, vodaphone works very well this side of Perth, Baldivis, Rockingham, Secret Harbour etc, Vodaphone do a "4G Pocket Wifi" box that you can buy outright and add credit to, you can then use your UK Iphone and smart phone through the wifi box saving you having to run straight away and get phone contracts. You can also use the box anywhere, we put it in the car center console and used it while travelling about to look stuff up, send messages etc. When you start needing to make calls locally is when we changed our sim to an aussie one.

All in all we are thoroughly enjoying our adventure and as someone else said on my last post, kick back, have a beer and reflect. I have taken this advice on board many times over the passed to weeks!!

Jase