Primary School Advice - Brentwood / Booragoon Area

MaAsh

Hi,

We are looking at moving to Perth within next 6 months. We have a house in Booragoon although it seems to be in the Brentwood encatchement area. Any advice on what Brentwood Primary school is like? Also, any advice on how difficult it is to get into schools when you are living ever so slightly outside the encatchement area? We may also consider private (catholic) so advice on private school SOR also welcome.

Thanks!

• 7 months later...
Hi,

We are looking at moving to Perth within next 6 months. We have a house in Booragoon although it seems to be in the Brentwood encatchement area. Any advice on what Brentwood Primary school is like? Also, any advice on how difficult it is to get into schools when you are living ever so slightly outside the encatchement area? We may also consider private (catholic) so advice on private school SOR also welcome.

Maybe too late but thought i would respond anyway. Melville Primary is a good one, I dont know much about Brentwood sorry. If you are looking at Catholic schools, Yidarra has a pretty good rep and I know a few parents whose children go there and are happy. Mine attend Mater Chrisit Catholic Primary which is probably about a 20 min drive from you in rush hour traffic, but was a good move for my kids from the first school I put them in when we arrived. Fees are much less for most Catholic schools here than any private one in UK and you dont have to be Catholic to attend. Hope that helps

Louise

Brentwood PS has a good reputation, as does Booragoon PS. State schools will only take students from out of their catchment area if they have room in the relevant year group. It isn't impossible - one of my children attended a primary school out of our catchment area but we had to wait for a place to become available. It is worth contacting the Principal to discuss the situation.