Great Wall ?

pegg

They are cheap, but some fairly big questions on reliability, safety and others - when I looked at them they had not been NCAP tested to check their safety.

My mechanic has also looked at them as a potential to add to the fleet. He rejected it and I will ask tomorrow when he comes in why

They are cheap, but some fairly big questions on reliability, safety and others - when I looked at them they had not been NCAP tested to check their safety.

My mechanic has also looked at them as a potential to add to the fleet. He rejected it and I will ask tomorrow when he comes in why

Cheers VS :o)

Chinese stuff is usually based on 20/30 year old designs that they have bought the rights to (or not bought and just copied). 20 year old designs are not as safe for passengers, not as reliable either.

The people I know who have GW stuff (trialed at their companies) have said that they have poor reliability, poor build quality, and they have little resale value.

I wouldn't go near one. But if cheap is your main priority ..

I spoke to my mechanic - one of the best in the business and he has researched and found big issues with safety and reliability. Its a shame as one would be perfect for something we need at the moment - need a site car that is 4x4 just to use for me and the guys to get around on site rather than using my company car

the quality you will receive will be less than that of a 10 year old hilux, so go with an older Japanese car for your money. plus your resale value will be terrible. I am a mechanic and I would not recommend great wall, ssangyong etc. I know it is incredibly tempting for the amount of car against cost, but unfortunately you will end up regretting it later on.

• 3 weeks later...

looked at a few review sites for great wall … And yep , old tech - but big sellers in Oz due to price .

Engine is a little weak i hear and alot of niggles ….. but for this price what can you expect.

Also - service costs and repairs on great wall seem to be high. …. Just a little update .

Where also thinking of a subaru forester now also .

not long now ;o)

looked at a few review sites for great wall … And yep , old tech - but big sellers in Oz due to price .

Engine is a little weak i hear and alot of niggles ….. but for this price what can you expect.

Also - service costs and repairs on great wall seem to be high. …. Just a little update .

Where also thinking of a subaru forester now also .

not long now ;o)

When do you travel?

I had a look for one of these once you mentioned it, they look half decent,

Hey bud, we fly 7th june and have a week to get car sorted whilst have hire car.

But yep our car list consists of nissan pathfinder / kia carnival / Subaru forester …. and will deffo take a look at Great Wall - and will look at extended warrenties also .

However saying all that - will prob end up with somthing completly different ;o)

when we visited friends last in Perth - they had a carnival …. And that car took us everywhere , really impressed ! just the fact they have 2 airbags ….. but alot to think about.

And yes will think on mazda 3 also :o) Infact my sister has one and its been a good car for them :o)

Hey bud, we fly 7th june and have a week to get car sorted whilst have hire car.

But yep our car list consists of nissan pathfinder / kia carnival / Subaru forester …. and will deffo take a look at Great Wall - and will look at extended warrenties also .

However saying all that - will prob end up with somthing completly different ;o)

All the best for your move, we fly out on 1st June, but have already purchased a small car via our son. It's the SUV/4x4 we will start looking for once we arrive.