Anyone from Ocean reef ?

pegg

Hi huys something may have come up work wise for us ….. So now looking at ocean reef / mullaloo area etc ?

Can anyone who lives there let us know what its like ? schools ? beaches ? commute to Peth etc …. whole feel of these places even ?

Cheers Guys x

We are just up the road in Woodvale, often in Ocean Reef. Mullaloo is great, the beach is a magnet for families and the Mullaloo Beach Hotel is great for young folks. I'm more empty beach so we are building in Alkimos Beach (See http://www.duffieldtowers.com) - The roads south to the city, Michell Freeway, Marmion and Wanneroo are all busy. We are currently one junction closer than Ocean Reef, depending on the time, for me to drive to Pier Street / Hay Street as I do most morning, anything from 25 minutes to an hour... Good luck.

We are just up the road in Woodvale, often in Ocean Reef. Mullaloo is great, the beach is a magnet for families and the Mullaloo Beach Hotel is great for young folks. I'm more empty beach so we are building in Alkimos Beach (See www.duffieldtowers.com) - The roads south to the city, Michell Freeway, Marmion and Wanneroo are all busy. We are currently one junction closer than Ocean Reef, depending on the time, for me to drive to Pier Street / Hay Street as I do most morning, anything from 25 minutes to an hour... Good luck.

Cheers , will take a look …… we also do love empty beaches too !

Both nice suburbs with good primary schools. Mixed reviews of late with regards to Ocean Reef SHS. Excellent beaches. Drive to Perth varies with traffic, as little as 25 minutes to over an hour at rush hour. Train station, Joondalup, Edgewater or Whitfords depending on where you are. 25 mins from Joondalup into the City.

Both nice suburbs with good primary schools. Mixed reviews of late with regards to Ocean Reef SHS. Excellent beaches. Drive to Perth varies with traffic, as little as 25 minutes to over an hour at rush hour. Train station, Joondalup, Edgewater or Whitfords depending on where you are. 25 mins from Joondalup into the City.

Cheers , mixed reviews on Ocean reef SHS seems abit worrying .

We will be staying close by there when we move out, we fell in love with mullalo beach and surrounding areas when we stayed there.

Good news about work

We hope good news about work ;o)

But yep alot of people seem to love mullalo :o)

Hey.... We are looking to locate in that area.... Currently looking at 3 primary Schools Currambine, Ocean Reef and Joondalup when we get there of course x

Our youngest is 3 …. so pretty chilled about her , its our son were worried about as hes 11 and really want to get the right high school for him - as hes not the most confident of little chaps :o)

We live in craigie, next to mullaloo. Mullaloo beach is great. If you don't want to go down to Scarborough/Trigg, then the surf in mullaloo is quite decent (very shallow though - which I don't like).

Ocean reef, Mullaloo, Hillarys are excellent suburbs. Craigie apparently is a bit less great than the surrounding suburbs :) We're looking at purchasing a property in Beldon.

My wife works with Child Protection in the Northern Suburbs. She didn't experience horrible schools yet. Don't forget that every school has its problem childs. Most schools are quite cooperative. Can be a bit tricky defining what makes a school good. A school can be horrendous, but if one teacher is very caring and guides your son, it might be the best experience ever for him (and also the other way around).

If you can work in Ocean reef imho you can look anywhere from Kinross down to duncraig. It's all relatively close to ocean reef.

Hi, Mullaloo beach is one of my personal favourites and the kids enjoy it there too.

we live in Burns Beach so don't have much info on living in Ocean Reef, however my son goes to Beaumaris Prinary School in Ocean Reef and he loves it and so do I. His teachers have been fantastic and he's come on so much more then he did at his school in the UK.

I don't have any experience with the high school though however I know some of the mums at the primary are wanting their older children to go to Ocean Reef HS so it can't be that bad.

Good luck with everything x

We live in craigie, next to mullaloo. Mullaloo beach is great. If you don't want to go down to Scarborough/Trigg, then the surf in mullaloo is quite decent (very shallow though - which I don't like).

Ocean reef, Mullaloo, Hillarys are excellent suburbs. Craigie apparently is a bit less great than the surrounding suburbs :) We're looking at purchasing a property in Beldon.

My wife works with Child Protection in the Northern Suburbs. She didn't experience horrible schools yet. Don't forget that every school has its problem childs. Most schools are quite cooperative. Can be a bit tricky defining what makes a school good. A school can be horrendous, but if one teacher is very caring and guides your son, it might be the best experience ever for him (and also the other way around).

If you can work in Ocean reef imho you can look anywhere from Kinross down to duncraig. It's all relatively close to ocean reef.

Cheers , @FOL ….. bit of a wirlwind at the minute , not long till we arrive ;o)

Hi, Mullaloo beach is one of my personal favourites and the kids enjoy it there too.

we live in Burns Beach so don't have much info on living in Ocean Reef, however my son goes to Beaumaris Prinary School in Ocean Reef and he loves it and so do I. His teachers have been fantastic and he's come on so much more then he did at his school in the UK.

I don't have any experience with the high school though however I know some of the mums at the primary are wanting their older children to go to Ocean Reef HS so it can't be that bad.

Thanks @Chelsea2425 … keep hearing good things about mullaloo , cant wait to take a look :o)

Pegg if you do end up leaving round this area... Let me know my youngest daughter is also three and is going to need a playmate..... She is use to being in nursery 3 full days a week... But I not planning on sending her to childcare for the 1st 6 months!

Thats great @LouLouSkippy will keep you posted ….. like i mention before not long now :o)

• 1 month later...

So , yes update is where living in Mullaloo ….. beach is awsome … Our son is going to start ocean reef high school after term break ( So anyone out there with yr 7 kids give us a shout )

And our daughter will be starting kallaroo pre kindy ( whichs seems wonderful )

So yep … all good x

We built and lived in Burns Beach before taking a wrong turn and moving back to the UK !! Will be moving back out soon and already looking for a house back in Burns Beach.... lovely suburb....

We are just up the road in Woodvale, often in Ocean Reef. Mullaloo is great, the beach is a magnet for families and the Mullaloo Beach Hotel is great for young folks. I'm more empty beach so we are building in Alkimos Beach (See www.duffieldtowers.com) - The roads south to the city, Michell Freeway, Marmion and Wanneroo are all busy. We are currently one junction closer than Ocean Reef, depending on the time, for me to drive to Pier Street / Hay Street as I do most morning, anything from 25 minutes to an hour... Good luck.

Sorry to steal the post, we have just moved to Woodvale and I'm about to start a job on Hay Street next week. I'm considering driving and two trains does not seem fun and with the drive to the station I guess will take just about an hour.

Can I ask what time you leave for work in the morning and also return to experience your timings? I will do a few reckies next week when the kids start school but any help would help.

Also, where do you park and is daily parking expensive?

Thanks

laura

Sorry to steal the post, we have just moved to Woodvale and I'm about to start a job on Hay Street next week. I'm considering driving and two trains does not seem fun and with the drive to the station I guess will take just about an hour.

Can I ask what time you leave for work in the morning and also return to experience your timings? I will do a few reckies next week when the kids start school but any help would help.

Also, where do you park and is daily parking expensive?

Thanks

laura

Hay Street in the CBD?

Just take the train! Not sure what gave you the idea tou need two trains... I would say your commute is 40 min door to door. (10 min to train station, few minutes waiting, 20(?) min by train, few min walking.

Parking in the city is between $17-$25 a day (rough estimate based on experiences 2 years ago). Traffic into the city is horrible.

Hay Street in the CBD?

Just take the train! Not sure what gave you the idea tou need two trains... I would say your commute is 40 min door to door. (10 min to train station, few minutes waiting, 20(?) min by train, few min walking.

Parking in the city is between $17-$25 a day (rough estimate based on experiences 2 years ago). Traffic into the city is horrible.

Hi FOL, Hay Street in Subiaco so TransPerth says train from Whitfirds into Perth then change to the Freemantle line to get a train to Subiaco? Is this not correct?

Please be right that it's only one train!!

Laura

Hi FOL, Hay Street in Subiaco so TransPerth says train from Whitfirds into Perth then change to the Freemantle line to get a train to Subiaco? Is this not correct?

Please be right that it's only one train!!

Laura

Unfortunately if you have to go to Subi, that's probably your best bet and you do not two trains. At which time do you start working?