Just starting out

NTOWN

Hi all, we are a family with 2 teenage children finally plucked up the courage to venture into the unknown. We've just completed the FREE initial assessment on the Migration Bureau, so lets see what they say - would you recommend them or this kind of thing?

My husband is an electrician and searching online there seems to be quiet a few positions around - does this seem right in the 'real world'?

Our intentions at the moment is for my husband to apply for jobs from the UK once his Visa is in place, the travel out alone, hopefully get a job and to find a rental property. Myself and the children will then follow after.

My son will be due to start college (or had started college already in the UK) what are the colleges like? Ive read that they cost $9000 pa. Would the apprentice scheme be open to someone from the UK?

Any advice would be fantastic, thank you in advance x

Hi and welcome to the forum

Visa Bureau are well known and well regarded if you intend to use them. Though always be careful of online assessments

It is very hard to get jobs before arriving in the country as employers usually want to know you have already made the move.

He does need to be aware that he cant work as an electrician initially as this is a licensed occupation and will mean some study and working as a trade assistant (a bit like an apprentice) for about a year. I would strongly suggest you research what is involved in this. With jobs, they are currently harder to find as WA is undergoing a fairly severe downturn, though hopefully that will have improved by the time you are ready to move.

College fees for permanent residents are the same as for citizens, so no, he wont have $9k to pay. But, he wont get any living / financial help while studying.