referendum result

elfie

I am here in the UK and voted to leave.

There will be some turmoil in the coming weeks, though very short lived once everyone realises things are happening very much - it will take a couple of years for anything to happen.

The markets behaved as expected with the pound falling hard and shares falling hard, the by afternoon, nearly half of the shares loss had been recovered.

We are in Perth and at the beginning of May I went online to register to vote from overseas, the website informed me that I had left it to late for a postal vote so they would send me paperwork to nominate a proxy voter, never received it!! I would of voted OUT and im pleased its gone that way. If it hadn't I would of thought it was a conspiracy by the Remain campaign!!! Ive actually realised its Auspost that are actually really sh!t and the paperwork will probs turn up next week!!

I'm in the UK, albeit looking to move to Oz in 2017. I voted Remain and had a disappointing night. The pound is getting hit and this is likely to move even further...... Not great for those looking to head to Oz from an FX point of view.

My reason for Remain - As a country, were just digging ourselves out of what was a long and hard Recession... Even without brexit, the UK is still not earning more money than it spends...!! The economic shock of Brexit will be felt by the same ordinary people who voted for it...

The EU isn't perfect by a long way... let's be honest, politicians are the same the world over... But, we do have a lot of trade benefits.... the key now is to try and keep the free trade access...

The cynic in me, says we will go through lots of turmoil and in the end the deal we do with the EU will mean we pay them lots of money and accept unlimited migration !!!

I'm in the UK, albeit looking to move to Oz in 2017. I voted Remain and had a disappointing night. The pound is getting hit and this is likely to move even further...... Not great for those looking to head to Oz from an FX point of view.

My reason for Remain - As a country, were just digging ourselves out of what was a long and hard Recession... Even without brexit, the UK is still not earning more money than it spends...!! The economic shock of Brexit will be felt by the same ordinary people who voted for it...

The EU isn't perfect by a long way... let's be honest, politicians are the same the world over... But, we do have a lot of trade benefits.... the key now is to try and keep the free trade access...

The cynic in me, says we will go through lots of turmoil and in the end the deal we do with the EU will mean we pay them lots of money and accept unlimited migration !!!

I don't think so. At the moment, following all the news channels both in the UK and across the EU, it looks like we will get a deal similar to what Canada is looking at - 90% free trade. Which, is actually about what we already had within, as it is a slight myth that we have had 100% free trade - see for example the letter from Tate & Lyle published earlier this week

Well ive been here 4 yrs end of July. I registered and voted for the UK to leave. I cant condone the ammount of money the UK send to Europe. Yes the EU grants have help the UK but i feel weve paid for it any way. I still pay tax on rental incomes in the,UK so I feel justified to vote. For a while there will be trade and finances worries. But read online today Canada have held a handvto trade with UK. Also that feeling in France is wantingvto leave. I think far more countries will be contemplating this,also. The British people have made their decision this has backfired on Mr Cameron. It has,also shocked Germany.

I'm surprised that the replies above are mostly to leave. My friends in the UK are all very disappointed (devastated is the word being commonly used to refer to the result)... I guess they all fit the demographic most likely to vote "remain" - 40s, professionals and most are either in Scotland or London. Interesting though...

I'm surprised that the replies above are mostly to leave. My friends in the UK are all very disappointed (devastated is the word being commonly used to refer to the result)... I guess they all fit the demographic most likely to vote "remain" - 40s, professionals and most are either in Scotland or London. Interesting though...

I'm not surprised by people voting, or would of voted, out, a lot of my friends in the UK are civil servants and trades and they mostly voted out. I think what pi$$ed most people off is and swayed their opinion is when Mr Cameron went to renegotiate the UK's deal and came back with nothing of any note. The EU leaders had become, on the face of it to British people, arrogant and unwilling to listen. You only have to look at the comments today by JUNCKER the EU president who said something along the lines of, "We need to get on with it, it was never a very good relationship anyway"

I think also that it will all stabilise and the pound will pick up in the coming weeks.

The bloody Media needs to stop running the scare stories though, they are based on hypothesis and for each expert they have with doom and gloom theres another with" it will be ok" but they don't ever quote those ones. The BBC and Sky are the worst!!

I voted to remain in the EU even though we are almost ready to leave for Australia. I am hopeful the pound strengthens in the coming weeks, however i hope the leave vote does not have too much of an effect on the housing market as we currently have a property for sale.

I agree with JaseandAnne if it wasn't for the feeble attempt from David Cameron to negotiate a better deal for the Uk within the EU, i believe the majority of the UK would of voted Remain.

I am astounded at the poor attempt from both sides in terms of Campaigns for the Leave and Remain and it resulted in the whole thing becoming a mud slinging match. The amount of people who would of voted either way, without knowing the actual effects of the outcome would have been very high.

The scare mongering by the politicians and the media would of made it very difficult for the average vote to determine which way would be for the good.

The one thing i believe in and will always take into account when any vote is required. All politicians are Liars and will bend the truth for their own personal gain and benefit. As we have seen the Leave campaign have already back Tracked on key point used in their campaign. But also the Doomsday effect that was predicted if we leave the EU has also not materialized.

I am hopeful in the next few weeks the market stabilizes and the UK manages to start negotiating deals with its partners and it wont have too much effect on the working class when it comes to buying out of the UK.

Edited by Shaw86

I could have voted, but didn't as i didn't think it was right. I've no intention of moving back any time soon.

I was in the 'leave' camp. But I knew that the result would have had knock-ons, and it appears the racist element is now having a field day.

Bit disappointed that Dave has quit (in 3 months) as there isn't anyone really worthy of taking over (Dan Hannan?)

It'll be interesting to see what other countries now try and follow? I've a feeling the Dutch are pretty Euro-sceptic.

Italy France Denmark are looking for referendum to leave slso. I think this is the begining. Scotlands feeble attempt to try to block the exit will only lead to isolation. They cannot stand alone, this was reflected in the referendum a while back. There are countries releasing statements daily looking for free trade deals Australia and New Zealand among them. Its not doom and gloom

Italy France Denmark are looking for referendum to leave slso. I think this is the begining. Scotlands feeble attempt to try to block the exit will only lead to isolation. They cannot stand alone, this was reflected in the referendum a while back. There are countries releasing statements daily looking for free trade deals Australia and New Zealand among them. Its not doom and gloom

Agree Elfie. Just talking to friends and family about the whole political scene globally, I think that overall, people are becoming very disillusioned with the lies and corruptness of politicians and the fact that they don't listen to the electorate who put them where they are. The Brexit referendum is indicative of this, as is the Trump following in US. Whatever you think of Trump as a person, you have to admit he certainly has fired up debate and has a big following. It will be interesting to see what happens here at the weekend when the results of our General Election come in. Because of the stupid preferential voting system, we will still have one of the major three parties win the Lower House, but I think there might be a surprise coming in the Senate as there are some pretty good small parties and independent candidates who seem to have a good backing, if social media is to be believed.