cars

cammie

hiya folks 1 question do you need to have a permanent address if you buy a car with cash not finance ? its just that it would make life alot easier if we can drive to potential new homes instead of relying on taxis/public transport , and would $7500 buy a decent ute/car ? thanks:biggrin:

Its easy to buy a car with cash, as Bibbs says above, you just need a postal address.

In the current climate then $7500 can buy you a nice car, it just depends on what you are after. My first car out here was a old but nice Ford Falcon, which we paid $2500 for and toured WA in it. Plenty of small cars (Hyundai Getz) are available in the $2-3K level.

Best of luck

Nick

we bought our fab subaru forrester for $7500 …. loads of boot space , built well and awd .

And its certainly doing us proud - been down to bunbury and bussleton twice since weve been here . And we bought from dealer ……. So yep - you should get a decent car :o)

A decent car is open to interpretation, depends on what you're used to. If your used to driving a 10 year old fiesta in the Uk then you could be pleasantly surprised with what $7.5k will buy. If you drive a nearly new BMW then you'll be bitterly disappointed:laugh:

Cars here usually have high mileage compared to the UK but having bigger engines and a lot less hills than where I'm from, it's not usually a problem. In my opinion people service their cars more often here, every 10,000 k's instead of 10,000 miles and the picky ones every 5,000 k's.

Look on gumtree to get an idea

Get an RAC check before you buy....they're pretty thorough.

Wouldn't trust them .. I've seen them miss issues before. They don't then offer anything more than a partial refund on their costs, and nothing to cover the actual issue.

I'd take someone who knows about cars, and do plenty of internet research on the model of car before you go.