louloubelle

Mental health Nursing jobs

I've now applied for a number of mental health positions and so far been unsuccessful. I have received automated emails stating I've not met the selection criteria when I clearly have. Is it rude me to ask why I've not been shortlisted? I'm hoping that things may be different when I'm actually in perth. I'm aware of the current job situation I just didn't think I wouldnt even get shortlisted.

I'm already worried and anxious about the move and now the thought of not getting work is not helping

any advice? Thanks Louise

I've now applied for a number of mental health positions and so far been unsuccessful. I have received automated emails stating I've not met the selection criteria when I clearly have. Is it rude me to ask why I've not been shortlisted? I'm hoping that things may be different when I'm actually in perth. I'm aware of the current job situation I just didn't think I wouldnt even get shortlisted.

I'm already worried and anxious about the move and now the thought of not getting work is not helping

@louloubelle …… the chances now adays of getting a job offer before you get out here seems slim now , But whats worked for me was ringing the wards i was interested in once i got here … and i set up meetings etc.

I know have 2 job offers - but as yet cannot start due to aphra !!!! So again , please be aware of the land of red tape !!!!

6 weeks and still cannot work due to aphras incompetence…. yep not happy with those guys and thankgoodness we had savings - However they are now nearly gone !

Sun still shines though and sitting on that beach is still awsomme ;o)

Did you address the selection criteria separately and demonstrate examples of how you meet it? I shortlist and a lot of UK trained nurses don't address the criteria but just send a CV.

Thanks guys.

I have been addressing the individual selection criteria as part of my cover letter, I'm conscious that I don't want this to go on and on and in some cases it does specify not to exceed 2 pages. I have been giving examples of how I meet the criteria in my current role.

I did receive an email stating I wasn't successful in meeting the criteria but I had been in touch with the team manager who did tell me it was because she needed someone for immediate start which I understand.

I don't mind having a few weeks not working to at least settle in, I think its just those normal anxieties about giving up a very good, comfortable job to the unknown when you have a family to provide for.

Thanks guys.

I have been addressing the individual selection criteria as part of my cover letter, I'm conscious that I don't want this to go on and on and in some cases it does specify not to exceed 2 pages. I have been giving examples of how I meet the criteria in my current role.

I did receive an email stating I wasn't successful in meeting the criteria but I had been in touch with the team manager who did tell me it was because she needed someone for immediate start which I understand.

I don't mind having a few weeks not working to at least settle in, I think its just those normal anxieties about giving up a very good, comfortable job to the unknown when you have a family to provide for.

Personally, I always answer the criteria separately even if restricted to 2 pages.

If you are applying for government positions, it is expected that your statement addressing the selection criteria is submitted as a separate document to your resume/cv. Your covering letter is usually just that, with perhaps a brief reference to why the role fits your skills and then referring them to your "Statement to the Selection Criteria".

I know it is a pain and can seem a strange way of doing things, but that is just the way it is in WA, and by not following the instructions with the advert, your application can be overlooked/refused.

Good Luck!