clairej456

Visa 189 help please

Hi there,

I have just been invited to apply for visa 189. I am confused about a few things so be nice please :))

So I have started to fill in the online form, the online 'health declarations' form, the form 80 (me and my partner have done this) and also the health form that we take to our medical.

I just have a few questions!

* once I have submitted the health declarations online form will it then give me the ID so I can book medicals?

* evidence of relationship so far I have a few letters in both names, photos, that's all so far. Did anyone get statements from family/friends?

* I am not claiming for points on my work experience but do I still need to include evidence of job, reference etc or not if I am not proving the points for this ?

* and finally who can certify documents?

thanks for any help with these questions :))

Hi Claire, massive congrats!!! I know it's not the actual visa grant but it's still exciting!! Its a busy time once you get your invite.

We used an agent but I'll answer as best I can......

• Yes, once you complete your online health declaration a referral letter is generated which includes your ID. This is needed before you can book medicals. We couldn't get our medicals booked in before the date the CO had set but we sent a confirmation of our booking & they were happy to accept that.

• We only supplied documents/letters/bills that had either joint names or individual names on them. Ie individual or joint credit card statements, bank statements, holiday booking confirmations, utility bills inc council tax. Our agent was quite keen on council tax bills. We didn't supply any photos or statements from family & friends. I've heard of others who have but we didn't.

• My OH was the main applicant but I still had to give employment details & education history. I didn't need to supply any evidence for either though.

• Justice of the Peace & Solicitors can certify documents at a price. JoP only wanted a donation from us, the solicitor wanted us to sell our souls to the devil! Lol. It was very expensive something ridic like £10 per page & there are ALOT of pages. We asked our agent & they got it done for us for free. There are other professionals who can do it, I seem to remember that ministers & police can do it too. I'm sure there are others.

I too used an agent who got our documents signed by a solicitor. (I think a doctor can sign but they too charge).The agent did most of the processing bit - just emailed us what we needed to get fill in etc. I can't give any help reduce evidence of relationship as I'm married so just needed my wedding certificate.

The form 80 was hard work filling out all holidays outside UK in last 10 years (we didn't have many but had to work out dates) & all jobs since you began working (this was a nightmare doing my husbands as before I met him he changed jobs regularly - it took ages to do!).

Helth declaration will give you the number you need to book medicals - I'd do this ASAP (we found it hard to get an appointment in time) medicals were probably the easiest part once we'd got an appointment as they fill it all in online and email so it's quite instant. We only had ours 6 days before the deadline.

Good luck it's exciting times. We put our medicals, form 80 & police checks in on 11 Aug (deadline was 12) by 16 Aug our visas had been granted!! I was expecting an 8 week wait so it really took us by surprise! !

Thank you so much for the replies and advice. I'm feeling pretty stressed now with it all and rushing about gathering everything! I thought I was organised until I realised my new born doesn't have a passport and we need her details for the forms hoping it arrives soon! Can't apply for the medicals without it. We have both just finished filling out the form 80.

So I submit my online visa app and health declaration alongside all of the required documents by the deadline or do u have extra time to attach documents?

I'm still unsure about my employment and whether to send lots of information if I'm not claiming points for this

thanks everyone x

Congrats to you both on the arrival of your baby girl! This was the reason we went with an agent, I was pregnant & was defo suffering "baby brain" throughout my pregnancy. I didn't trust myself to get it all right & not get stressed to the max with it all. I always thought when my friends said they had "baby brain" it was an excuse for being lazy, but hell no, it is such a real thing!!!! Lol.

Luckily I realised right at the start of the process that our baby would need a passport & medical etc hence the reason we didn't lodge until Jan even although we started gathering info & filling out forms etc in the June of the previous year. Plus I couldn't have had the required chest X-Ray whilst pregnant anyway.

Im not sure what deadline you mean?

From what I remember you lodge your app with all required docs. The CO gets intouch & requests form 80 (your right to have this prepared though as it's very lengthy & you can actually just go ahead & attach once you've completed it) police checks & medical report. Don't do police checks until they ask for them as it has a shelf life & can expire before they request it. They may also ask for further docs but they'll tell you what they want & what date it's due by. Like I say I couldn't get my medical booked in by the date they had given us but they were happy to give us an extension as I'd sent them through a booking confirmation.

With regards to your employment, someone else may know differently, I just had to provide employment history. No evidence was required.

hi thank u. the passport arrived today!!

So I have submitted the health declaration now on the immi site and we all have HAP ID numbers now, so Im guessing I just go ahead and book our medicals now. Will be doing so tomorrow!

The deadline I mean is the date we have to have everything submitted by (31st Oct) its just I cant find anywhere to upload our documents or is it staring right at me!!

I will keep searching about the job!!

thank u for the help xx

Just be aware that your first entry to Australia must be within 12 months of the medical or police check, which ever is the earlier. If there is a delay in granting your visa you could find yourself having very little time. Hence why case officers don't ask for it until the end of the process. On PIO we have a member who has just lost there visa because they couldn't make the first entry in time.