pink2000

Anybody applied for partner visa? My visa 457 has expired Work are unable to sponsor due to job freezes and my position has not been advertised... I'm left with a choice either apply for partner visa or leave and return on holiday visa and hope during life of holiday visa I can get a job with sponsor. I have a 16 year old child in year 11 studying atars!!

My boyfriend is Australian citizen but we don't live together we have been seeing each other for 9 months don't have joint bank accounts, he has said he will sponsor me.

Anybody know if this would be OK to do I have until weds to make a decision, I'm a uk citizen. And a registered nurse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Have not slept for almost 2 weeks! Immigration don't advise!!?

I am afraid you do not qualify for a partner visa. This requires you to have been living with your partner in a relationship equivalent to man and wife for at least 12 months.

There is is a possibility of a prospective marriage visa. This would require you to actually marry in a fairly short period of time and I am not sure if it can be lodged on shore.

The most obvious visa though would be a independent skilled visa. Have you previously looked if you are eligible for skilled migration? I am guessing your occupation is on one of the lists as you have had a 457. So that is the first hurdle cleared.

Looking for more 457 roles is not a good way forward if you want to stay in Australia as it is a temporary visa with the assumption you leave at the end.

• 1 month later...

If you are a UK qualified Nurse then you have a pretty good shot at an Independent Skilled Visa (no sponsor) or go for State sponsored regional. Remember States like WA are all regional including capitals city.

As per above if your 457 has expired (reach its end date) you need to leave or regularise you visa status. Remaining here unlawful brings a world of pain when you apply for another visa as you will likely have a 12-36 month ban. If on the other hand you have just become unemployed you have 90 days to get another job before DIBP will start proceedings to cancel your visa. I cannot emphasise enough, never become unlawful ie being here without a current visa.

If you are a UK qualified Nurse then you have a pretty good shot at an Independent Skilled Visa (no sponsor) or go for State sponsored regional. Remember States like WA are all regional including capitals city.

As per above if your 457 has expired (reach its end date) you need to leave or regularise you visa status. Remaining here unlawful brings a world of pain when you apply for another visa as you will likely have a 12-36 month ban. If on the other hand you have just become unemployed you have 90 days to get another job before DIBP will start proceedings to cancel your visa. I cannot emphasise enough, never become unlawful ie being here without a current visa.

I don't think that is correct according to the WA migration website:

​​​​​​​​​​​On a Nominated Regional visa (subclass 489), you are required to live and work in a regional or low population growth metropolitan area.

You cannot live or work in the capital city of Perth.

In Western Australia there are nine areas which are considered to be regional:

Gascoyne

Goldfields-Esperance

Great Southern

Kimberley

Mid West

Peel

Pilbara

South West

Wheatbelt

Below are the postcodes for areas which are considered regional in Western Australia.

[TABLE=class: ms-rteTable-2, width: 100%]

[TR=class: ms-rteTableEvenRow-2]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableEvenCol-2]​Western Australia

except Perth and

surrounding areas[/TD]

[TD=class: ms-rteTableOddCol-2]​6041 to 6044

6083 to 6084

6121 to 6126

6200 to 6799[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If you are invited to apply for Western Australian State nomination, you must select and research your preferred region. The State nomination application form includes a multiple choice questionnaire which will test your knowledge on your preferred region.

Restricted regions

Some regions are restricted. In order to select a restricted region, you must have an employment contract from a regional area.

Peel is currently​ a restricted region.

BRV, you are welcome. I often get clients who have lodged invalid applications due to a simple misunderstanding! The 489 visa has some peculiarities with it depending upon the stream applied for! Yes Perth is Regional for RSMS and nurses are now Schedule 2 on the WASMOL (WA Skilled Migration Occupation List,) so it is not so easy to get the 5 points without a Sponsor there either!

Edited by New Life Down Under