Jump to content

medicare whilst on 3 month holiday

Recommended Posts


I have recently found out by accident that my travel insurance only covers me for a stay of 31 days at a time after visiting Perth for three months whoops!!

i have managed to find a company who covers long stay, but, they are saying i need to register with Medicare?? Has anyone else had to do this and if so how?

Any advice please.

Thank you


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I registered once and got a temporary card sent out in the post. Then last year I went down again to register but this time I was told that I didn't need to. Because we have reciprocal cover it would be fine. I ended up in hospital this time and when I went to A&E I just showed my passport and that was me. All the care I needed and well looked after. I hope this helps.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now