pegg

Help my nostrils !!!!!

Hi all,

So, weve not been here long , and we are not having a whinge …….. And im not sure if this has been spoken about before - if so …. im sorry.

Anyhow - today was truly wonderful temp over 30 !!! YES !

But i seemed to have had a problem with flies trying to explore my nostrils , invade my ears and quite frankly abuse my eyes !!!

Not having a whinge ( honest ) but if this is the first day of the bush fly invasion …… PLEASE, HOW LONG DOES THE INVASION LAST ????

Ive been told till the end of October …. then till December infact ive not had a real straight answer - unless the locals are used to flies ?

So ,yep just putting it out there :o)

Sarcasm and humer always appreciated ;o)

They come in waves that normally last two to three weeks each wave. The time between waves varies a lot, some years we only experienced one, sometimes many as it depends on the wind direction. Basically, if you get strong winds from the east, you get a wave of them as they are blown in from the bush.

Open your mouth and enjoy the nutritions haha...

Flies... magpies... the environment definitely plays a roll in your daily life over here :D Yesterday we tried to find a frog in the garden which made hellofalotof noise. Eventually it shut up ehen we poker the leaves somewhere where he was.

Kookaburra need i say more. Ive been searching guntree for a blow pipe dsrts and stun solution. Dont want to kill it just knock it out and take 1000 km away. 3.45am is just not a delightful sound of nature