ktg

primary teachers

We fly out to Perth (will be living in Tapping) tommorow and although I've applied for UK for a few teacher jobs I've not had any luck!! Are there any primary teachers on here who can give me an insight into the liklihood of getting a teaching post before schools finish for Christmas (to start in the new year). Feeling a little worried as I'm the main earner for our family. 😯

Primary teachers are struggling for work across Australia and have been for some time. Of the states with the highest level of unemployed primary teachers, WA is the worst due to the recent changes in school years.

My advice would be to consider living and working in regional areas.

If you are going to consider that, let me know and happy to go through pluses and negatives as I have volunteered in some and have friends who have taught in a number.

Hi Ktg. It's not easy. Hubby is a primary teacher, we've been here just over a year. He has just got a job for the new school year after doing a year of relief work. He's applied for numerous since we got here with no luck. We have managed as he got relief work every day practically and it's a lot better paid than the UK. It seems if you can get an in at a school doing relief on a regular basis, that may be how you eventually secure a full time position. PM me if you'd like further info, would be happy to help as it's been tough for us but we got there eventually. We are in Mandurah so not near you. In the meantime, safe journey and enjoy this lovely weather when you arrive!