55 with children aged 11 and 12

Margaret Q

Hi

Just back from a wonderful stay in South Perth, this is our second Christmas there.

I was wondering, what our immigration options are?

My husband is 56, I am 53, so a 405 visa would work for us, but our children are 11 and 12. Irish Passports.

We don't want to work and would be retiring within the next 2 years, and prefer not to be forced into running a business, been there, done that.

Would like to give our children, a chance to settle in Australia, and see what it is like when we are not on holiday.

Any solutions or advice?

Thanks

Margaret

Hi

Just back from a wonderful stay in South Perth, this is our second Christmas there.

I was wondering, what our immigration options are?

My husband is 56, I am 53, so a 405 visa would work for us, but our children are 11 and 12. Irish Passports.

We don't want to work and would be retiring within the next 2 years, and prefer not to be forced into running a business, been there, done that.

Would like to give our children, a chance to settle in Australia, and see what it is like when we are not on holiday.

Any solutions or advice?

Thanks

Margaret

A 405 wouldn't work for you because you have dependents. My advice would be to seek the advice of a good agent.

Hi, we used The Emigration Group, they were great with us, and very knowledgeable, I'm not sure how you would get on with the points calculation due to your ages, but its well worth a try. Check out their website, you can do a points calculator there to get in idea if it is possible.