Travel citizenship questions

Lividcoffee

Hey guys I'm planning in travelling back to the uk to visit family and I had a few questions. I recently obtained australian citizenship but do not yet have a australian passport. My original British passport went for a little swim and is now ruined. I do obviously need a new passPort if I am to leave the country however a brush passport is far cheaper than an Australian one but could I even get a British passport now ? Do I automaticallyreside duel citizenship and if not how would I go about getting it ? And also if I could get a new British passport would I be allowed to use it since I am now australian ?

Thank you in advance for the help !!

If you now have Australian Citizenship, you need an Australian passport to leave and re enter Australia.   You cannot travel into and out of Australia on a British Passport any more as your PR visa will  have been cancelled when you were issued Australian Citizenship.

Your choice whether you renew your British passport as well.... some people do and some people don't.  

• Like 1