Forklift Technician/ mechanic jobs wanted

Without a valid visa to live and work in Australia, you will find it next to impossible to get any employer to show any interest in you, especially if you are coming to Western Australia as there is currently an economic downturn in process and unemployment is high.

The visa rules for business sponsorship have changed drastically of late, so if you are hoping for employment through that route, you would be best advised to read through the latest information on the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.   www.border.gov.au

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shepard Bindura said:

According to the assessments that i had before with some recruitment agencies, all i need is an offer letter to begin the process of applying for a work visa. Because of my age(46 now) i failed to make enough points to apply without one. I have done my eglish test with an average score of 7.5.

It isn't that simple. The visa that would apply is a 457 visa which has no age limit. However, this needs to be sponsored by a company and they need to do the first half of the application called the nomination and if they haven't previously sponsored also become approved for sponsoring. They also need to pay their half of the fees.

Then, if a nomination is successful, you do your part of the application. The process from a high risk country, which is think SA is, can take many months, particularly if they haven't sponsored before.

However, even before that starts, not everyone can get a sponsored visa. You still need to check that your occupation is on one of the two skilled occupation lists. These have in the recent weeks undergone massive changes with hundreds of occupations removed.

Then, even if you find a job, with a company willing and able to sponsor and you obtain a visa, the 457 visa is only temporary and lasts a maximum of 4 years. You would n0t be eligible for a permanent visa, as on July 1st the age limit for company sponsored permanent visas is being reduced to 45.

Never take advice from people such as recruitment agents as generally, they haven't a clue. If you want advice on if you have any options for independent or state sponsored visas then speak to a registered migration agent. It is true that most people can not get an independent visa after the age of 45 due to points, but not everyone.

• Like 2