New Life Down Under

Working Holiday Visa Age Raised to 35

8 posts in this topic

Some positive news after all the bleak announcements recently!  Time of application age has now been raised to 35 for WHV's!!!

1 person likes this

Hi Camilla, a member of PIO has just pointed out that the department web site still has it as 31, I had a look and it is. What is the situation for current applicants?

Hi Verystormy

Just got back from 2 weeks hols and saw your post. Strange one here, the legislation has been updated saying must be under 35 but the immi website doesnt reflect this!  Another DIBP mystery!!!!

(1)  The applicant satisfies the criteria in subclauses (2), (4) and (5).

(2)  The applicant:

(a)  holds a  working holiday eligible passport of the kind, or of one of the kinds, specified in a legislative instrument made by the Minister for the purposes of this subclause; andof the kind, or of one of the kinds, specified in a legislative instrument made by the Minister for the purposes of this subclause; and

(b)  is aged at least 18 and no more than:

(i)  35; or

(ii)  if a younger age is specified in the instrument mentioned in paragraph (a) for the kind of passport the applicant holds-that younger age.

Good old DIBP....  so many changes happening there I think they are drowning in new information and regulations..... surely they should have their website up to date though?   

1 person likes this

Rossmoyne, if DIBP are drowning then I have sunk!!!!

Don't know whether I am coming or going!! Maybe it is dementia!!!

Hang in there Camilla!

1 person likes this

Keep smiling. I know it's hard. 

1 person likes this

Thanks Rossmoyne and verystormy for your encouragement!  It is nice to know you guys value the work of a RMA!  I think I will just be bringing the g and t time forward an hour or so at the end of the day!!!!

1 person likes this