• Similar Content

• By N.holland86
      Hi my names Nick I am a solid plasterer and Cork Coatings applicator in the uk with a nvq level 2 and 3 and over 12 years experience I am considering getting my AQF 3 I have already started my 189 visa application and I am ready for skills assessment. What is work like for a solid plasterer over in Perth? What can I expect to earn. I am also considering getting my Plasterer’s assessors qualification. I don’t mind starting at the bottom and working my way up the ladder. 
      Any advice people and offer me will be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Podge1366
      Hi everyone 
      I work for a marquee hire company called pedersens hire and we are always on the lookout for new workers with the drive to get on.we are based in canning vale but can be working all over Perth also as far as Kalgoorlie Albany Karratha.
      our busiest periods are from July through to January .
      i believe it's a great start for young lads to work with us.theres no time wasters and you can learn and travel at the same time.casual weekend work is always available.
      ive now been at pedersens for 9 years .im managing the structure side of the company now .
      feel free to get in touch if you want anymore information.just thought I'd say hi I'm new to this forum .im from battle in East Sussex back in the U.K. .
      be good to hear from some of you.
      darren 
      aka podge
      p.s I'm the guy on the far left.IMG_0073.MOV

• By Walmerironman
      Hello, here goes!
      Our dream has turned a bit pearshaped! We moved out here in May of this year, 7 months ago. I was on a half promise of a job that eventually materialised into reality early August. During the interim we stayed with in-laws, friends etc and were unable to commit to an area, let alone a suburb in Perth. I was chasing theee jobs in the end, 2 in Perth and 1 in Albany. I started the job in Perth in August and we rented a house in Duncraig, based on the suburb and the High School. Trouble is the job was a nightmare. It was soon clear to me that the owner was a bullying, rude tyrant. After 7 weeks I was made redundant. The job was in the waste industry and due to proposed changes the project was shelved. 
      I now find myself working for a haulier in Albany whilst my family are living here in Perth. I leave home at 0330 on a Monday and get home late Friday evening! Not the cohesive family life we envisaged. I am looking for work up here but it's been to no avail so far. It doesn't help that I'm doing 12hr days, so very little time to look. 
      Thats not the only thing. The only one of us who is happy is my 15 year old son. He seems to have settled in well, he's in the triathlon squad, has a shop job in Hilary's at the weekends and loves the skating, though he gets frustrated at some of his friends reluctance to get out and do things. Our other son, 13, has become a hermit. He's not made any friends at all, spends all of his time on the Xbox or Mac, totally different to the fun, gregarious boy he was in the UK. My wife has not managed to make any friends either. She lacks the school gate friendship portal now as the boys are older. As for me, well I just don't have any time at all to do anything. I was cycling with a group up here, but come Sat morning I'm just too tired to get up and cycle, plus I've missed my family and want to spend time with them. It's the friends thing really, we've have found that Australians are friendly, but in a very shallow, low level way. Very polite, but that's it  we have some South African Acquantences but they seem to stick together, so they're happy  We had a big social circle in the UK, we think we are nice people, so it's very wearing  Basically we feel we have no friends and no support, we've both got family out here, but I'm afraid they've been a disappointment  
      we are now faced with the choice of A) Upsticks and move to Albany for my job or head home to the UK. Albany is beautiful, but the job has its drawbacks, well paid but some of the practises worry me; it's a long way from anywhere and I worry about taking the boys there as it's limiting for their social Developements, plus they don't want to go there. Financially we will be on a winner there as housing is much cheaper  
      Not sure what I'm asking really, maybe some input, maybe I just need to put pen to paper. But we are both feeling desperately unhappy, I for one have never felt this way. I've always been an upbeat mood lifter if you like, not the person I find I am now.
      Any advice or words of encouragement gratefully received  
      thanks
      Bryan 

• By ScribblingSally
      ?? ? Would you like to work as a casual chef for our award winning, friendly restaurant?
      Do you have experience, enthusiasm and are competent and versatile in the kitchen?
      The restaurant is in North Beach.
      We're after someone for a fortnight from October the 28th.
      We're open Tues thru' Saturday. Shift starts lunchtime on-wards.
      This two week period would be full-time casual, with the prospect of extra work afterwards.
      We were recently rated a 'must-visit' in a Sunday Times review.
      Even though we say it ourselves, we're a great team, so come and be part of it!
      You would probably need your own transport, as public transport isn't that reliable.
      Please text Sally with your phone number on 0401 566710 with brief details of past work 
      We look forward to hearing from you ?