• Similar Content

• By Jaymini
      Can anyone please help me. Have been trying to get an electrical post for over two years with no luck. All I want to do is complete my gap training so I can do my final exam. I have applied for job after job! Talked to companies and sent emails. 
      There is literally no company that will give you a chance if you are qualified from the UK. Yet it’s ok for the system to take your money for courses and make it so difficult to get your qualification. All everyone wants is an AGrade licence, TAFE wants practical experience so how’s that even possible! It’s a situation that is so frustrating. 

• By gengusthethird
      Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I am living in Perth, WA and trying to find electrical work to gain the "A grade electrical licence".

I hold a provisional electrical licence and require "gap training" before I am allowed to take the required capstone exam.

I have been in Perth for almost 5 years. I tried to get a job when I first arrived with no luck. As a result of this I started working international in the oil & Gas. I am now trying again and facing the same problems I did 5 years ago. I have pretty much applied to every company, agency and rope access company with only one company offering me a start, unfortunately he didn't want to pay me.

Unfortunately most companies in WA are not aware of the process for a overseas electrician to gain an Australian electrical license and have no interest in employing a overseas qualified electrician. They simply prefer to employ a Australian qualified electrician or an apprentice.
      I have done some Australian courses and licences such as
      EEHA, High risk work, MSIC, White card
      If anyone can help with regards contacts etc it will be greatly appreciated.