Budgie

Poynter Primary school

Hi everyone

We are due to move over on 23 rd January and have just signed a lease for a house in Duncaraig. The catchment school is Poynter which looks nice but was wondering about their sporting provision there,   My boys are v sporty so would love a school which has a lot of sport going on especially soccer!! And I think this would help them settle in quickly. I’d love any info on the school that anyone could provide thank! X

We also live in Duncraig, it is a lovely suburb! Our daughter goes to Davallia which is a fantastic school but I have also heard really good reports on Poynter (unfortunately I don't know anything about their sporting provisions!) there will always be the option to do after school soccer etc.. Good luck with the move! :) 

• Like 1

Hi, my kids don’t go to Poynter but my friends kids do, she says it’s a really great school. They will do sports a couple times a week following the curriculum but then there may be after school teams that they could join. They will do 2 weeks of swimming lessons a year and the local schools all organise inter school sports competitions in year 6 for 1 term and there are I think 4 sports they can choose from, soccer being 1 of them.
If they are in to soccer they could join a soccer team, you will arrive in time to join a club before the season starts, Hamersley FC train at Carine Open Space which is close by and is a lovely little club, my son played for them for a season when we first arrived.
Good luck with the move [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1