Monks

Plasterer desperately looking for work ??

Hi

I have just recently moved to Perth under no illusion that the job market here is anything but great but desperately looking for work. I have had my own plastering business for 12 years but I am prepared to do anything to get a foot in the door. Any help/advice would be really appreciated as things are looking grim for me. 

?? 

• Like 1

I know its not much help and below what you do , But a mate of mine went ceiling board fixing - as no one likes plasterboarding ceilings !!! however he got a lot of work and then got him more contacts and got his name around . 

I know its not easy ..... but good luck buddy 

I'm not a plasterer but have you looked on gumtree yet ? 

What suburb do you live in ? if you are north of river get out and about around banksia grove, alkimos, butler, jindalee ( plasterers will be in these areas on new houses ) if you are south look around harrisdale.

$25 - $35 hour is about it at the moment

Even do a search on builders display homes ( Dale Alcock, Ventura, Blueprint Homes etc) because around the display homes there tends to be building activity 

Thanks guys for your help, really appreciated ?? I’ll do anything at the moment just to get a foot in. I’ll have a look around the new development sites. 

Hi Monks, are you getting on better?  I could post your contact info on an immigrant FB group. They don't usually have tradies in their community and I often see posts asking for tradie recommends. They speak English alright. Pls PM me.