Jack Bauer

Has anyone applied for citizenship lately?

On 11/10/2018 at 06:28, Bristle said:

OH and I had the test on Monday. She got 95% and I got 100%. Her application was approved the same day but I am still waiting.

My application updated to “approved” today, now the wait for our ceremony invite.

• Like 2

We arrived on October 15 and have spent at least a month out of the country,will we be able to apply October 19?what happens if you go home after your 4 years without getting citizenship,can you apply from the U.K.?or do you have to be staying here

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:35, Bristle said:

My application updated to “approved” today, now the wait for our ceremony invite.

Congratulations.

40 minutes ago, miller said:

We arrived on October 15 and have spent at least a month out of the country,will we be able to apply October 19?what happens if you go home after your 4 years without getting citizenship,can you apply from the U.K.?or do you have to be staying here

I think you would be eligible in October - you have to have not had more than 3 months absence in the last 12 months.  If you go back without getting citizenship and want to return, you have to apply for a resident return visa.  This is harder to achieve the longer you are away and you need to identify your strong ties to Australia.  I would certainly apply for this at least prior to leaving as it can take several months to grant.  +

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2018 at 15:33, Bristle said:

Citizenship ceremony invite received for Australia Day. 13 months from application to ceremony.

This is about the same timeline for a family friend too.   Not long now Bristle!

On 29/08/2018 at 06:42, Livingthedream66 said:

Hi we applied for citizenship in Oct 2017.

Partner and two kids under 16.

We had our interview and test yesterday 28/08/18.

All was ok just waiting now to be accepted and the ceremony hopefully.

Was a weird feeling after waiting that long to have finally completed it all.

Hopefully won’t be too low by a wait.

Hi my wife and I took our test in July 18

and we still haven't had a letter of acceptance.