Jack Bauer

Has anyone applied for citizenship lately?

6 hours ago, flatpack said:

So we have an update, no matter what anyone says immigration are slower than a slow thing from planet slow that is really tired!

Our citizenships didn't get approved in time to get a passport so Mrs Flatpack could go to Bali. I was a little miffed to have to pay over $400 for a RRV but needs must, guess what came through the post almost immediately afterwards... yup her citizenship approval.

I'm beginning to believe the folk that say it's a cash grab and that I shouldn't have told them about the Bali trip as I did my interview 10 days before the missus and I'm still waiting for my approval 4 weeks after she got hers.
I wonder if I paid for a RRV whether it would come through.

Well whether you think there is a cash grab or not, at least the  Citizenship came through.   Just get that Aussie passport asap!!

18 hours ago, flatpack said:

So we have an update, no matter what anyone says immigration are slower than a slow thing from planet slow that is really tired!

Our citizenships didn't get approved in time to get a passport so Mrs Flatpack could go to Bali. I was a little miffed to have to pay over $400 for a RRV but needs must, guess what came through the post almost immediately afterwards... yup her citizenship approval.

I'm beginning to believe the folk that say it's a cash grab and that I shouldn't have told them about the Bali trip as I did my interview 10 days before the missus and I'm still waiting for my approval 4 weeks after she got hers.
I wonder if I paid for a RRV whether it would come through.

Have you done the ceremony yet?  If not then you're not a citizen yet and unable to apply for a passport.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I applied 4 weeks ago and we already have our interview and test email through for next month, thats quick right?

That might be good. But the wait time between test and ceremony can be very long.

7 minutes ago, phil said:

That might be good. But the wait time between test and ceremony can be very long.

Yeah but cant see it being 16 months, I have friends that waited 12-15 months for the interview and test only recently

On 13/08/2019 at 13:39, Jack Bauer said:

Yeah but cant see it being 16 months, I have friends that waited 12-15 months for the interview and test only recently

OH got her approval after 10 months and my daughter and I are still waiting after 13 months!