Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

wondered if anyone could point me to any references to decipher the world of parental visas?

I heard once a possible route is for parents to come out on tourist visas then apply when they are here.

im well aware of the 30 year wait,  I am more  looking toward  the contributory route etc that would enable them to come over 

in a post pandemic era of course..

many thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's risky to come out on a tourist visa and then wait on a bridging visa - there will be restrictions to travel, restrictions accessing some things due to the temporary status and the biggy that when they were due to get the medical they may have conditions that makes the visa not be granted and they'd be sent back to a country they've not lived in nor have any residency status in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the advice.

in your opinion what’s the best (Safest) way etc to bring parents over from the UK to live?

thanks for your time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The contributory parent visa is probably the quickest although still a few years to grant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ali.

sorry for all the questions.

do you know of a reputable agent to contact on this, as it’s so important for me to make sure my parents are properly looked after, I’d like to approach a trustworthy source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, magicians said:

Thanks Ali.

sorry for all the questions.

do you know of a reputable agent to contact on this, as it’s so important for me to make sure my parents are properly looked after, I’d like to approach a trustworthy source?

This is the website for Camilla who is well regarded and helps on the forum http://www.newlifedownunder.com.au

You need to be aware though that while the contributory visa is the best option, it still is not quick. Likely timeframe is 8 years and for two parents is in the area of $120,000. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it right that this forum only recommends one migration agent ?

Bearing in mind this company is the one that was recommended to us  but we soon found to be so over priced and customer care skills so poor - that we decided to sort our own visa's ...... and saved a fortune ! 

( might be in my old posts approx 5 - 6 yrs ago )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your honesty Pegg!!!!

I have to admit, I’m finding some really great and sound advice on this forum but also a lot of negative and kind of derogatory advice too.

i fully understand people need to be aware of the straight up facts, but also the (potential) prospect of being reunited with your family is something that should be celebrated and encouraged... 

I think I chatted to you before in another post?

you’re south Perth right?

Wondered if you fancied a coffee at some point? Would love to learn how your got your visas etc? Any tips I can pass on to my parents would be great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, magicians said:

Thanks for your honesty Pegg!!!!

I have to admit, I’m finding some really great and sound advice on this forum but also a lot of negative and kind of derogatory advice too.

i fully understand people need to be aware of the straight up facts, but also the (potential) prospect of being reunited with your family is something that should be celebrated and encouraged... 

I think I chatted to you before in another post?

you’re south Perth right?

Wondered if you fancied a coffee at some point? Would love to learn how your got your visas etc? Any tips I can pass on to my parents would be great!

Sorry you find some of the responses negative.  I is important I think to highlight the barriers that might be encountered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pegg said:

is it right that this forum only recommends one migration agent ?

Bearing in mind this company is the one that was recommended to us  but we soon found to be so over priced and customer care skills so poor - that we decided to sort our own visa's ...... and saved a fortune ! 

( might be in my old posts approx 5 - 6 yrs ago )

I personally know many people who have used the company and are extremely happy. Hence, why I am prepared to recommend them. Yes, some people do visas themselves, which is contrary to the advice of the department. Personally, I think that is unwise. Australia makes (in a normal year) about 4000 changes to law and regulations regarding immigration. It publishes about 100 of those. The rest are only briefed to agents. At the current time it is far more complex. For example, the 190 and 491 are effectively closed as the states have not been given any allocation, this was only known to agents until a day ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×