ali

Places to Eat - Recommendations

Ate recently (for our Anniversary) at Prago in Floreat.  Meal was excellent, it says Italian but is more Mediterranean/European.  Fine dining portions and they offer paired wines.  We had the 3 course set menu (with choices) for $68 each (although I paid $5 for the fish) and $24 (something) for the paired wine - I got a rose, chardonnay and dessert wine with the food i'd ordered.   My daughter had given us a Restaurant choice gift card which was accepted here.  Certainly worth a visit. 

• Like 1

Aww Floreat was one of our fave places ! the area and some of the house's ..... wow ! really enjoyed the place .......... Anyhow glad you had a nice meal 👍

1 hour ago, pegg said:

Aww Floreat was one of our fave places ! the area and some of the house's ..... wow ! really enjoyed the place .......... Anyhow glad you had a nice meal 👍

I like the older suburbs 

• Like 1

well floreat will always hold a special memory for us . ..... infant it was first place we "ate out" - V-burger  !! And thats when we experienced Ozzys having red wine out of the fridge!!! Lol 

• Haha 1

My memory is terrible LOL, I can only remember two...

We liked Hunter & Barrels in Whitfords, but it's gone. Never been to the CBD one, but it may still be there.

Matilda Bay for a fancier dinner without kids was nice.

I have been to the Riverton Bar and Grill quite a few times of late, and can thoroughly recommend it.  The family who own it are Thai/Australian, so the menu reflects this.   They have two eating areas, the general Cafe style area and the Sports Bar area, and if you are into Sports, they have big screen tv's that show all the big matches etc.   Prices are pretty much average compared to other places, and the food is good quality and well cooked. 

On 06/07/2021 at 17:51, Rossmoyne said:

I have been to the Riverton Bar and Grill quite a few times of late, and can thoroughly recommend it.  The family who own it are Thai/Australian, so the menu reflects this.   They have two eating areas, the general Cafe style area and the Sports Bar area, and if you are into Sports, they have big screen tv's that show all the big matches etc.   Prices are pretty much average compared to other places, and the food is good quality and well cooked. 

I think they're the same owners who had the Roxby

On 10/07/2021 at 12:56, ali said:

I think they're the same owners who had the Roxby

Yes they are.   They also own Deebo Burger on South Street.

On 12/07/2021 at 11:28, Rossmoyne said:

Yes they are.   They also own Deebo Burger on South Street.

I'd booked a table at Baltazhar but had to cancel due to the most recent lockdown.  Going to Seven Sins next month in Roleystone (used to be Roleys on the ridge), it's got good reviews.

7 hours ago, ali said:

I'd booked a table at Baltazhar but had to cancel due to the most recent lockdown.  Going to Seven Sins next month in Roleystone (used to be Roleys on the ridge), it's got good reviews.

I loved Roleys on the Ridge, but havent been for a while.... enjoy it's new reincarnation and let us know what you think. 

I am always on the lookout for a good cafe for brekkie, brunch, lunch, and recently I have been taken to 2 establishments in the southern suburbs.  

The Roastery in Canning Vale roasts and sells coffee beans, and their coffee (takeout and dine in) is yum.    The cafe menu is varied, and the daily specials are always a bit different.  It is a warehouse feel with cement floors and no matching furniture, and a great place for a brunch or lunch.

6 Willows Cafe in Willetton.   They are a small local business that cater to the breakfast and lunch crowd, and have amazing cakes for morning tea.  Their menu is small, but there are daily specials that are always a bit different.  

Both of these businesses are family owned and run, and I like to support them because of that.