pegg

OMG ! what on earth is happening to other side of OZ !

Been watching footage basically over last couple of years of goings on in Melbourne etc .... With the most extreme lockdowns .

Now ive been watching people being arrested for just walking ! Helicopters flying overhead blasting out messages of fear, terrifying children in parks etc !

I know the world is a crazy place right now ..... But OZ seems to be leading the world in the fear tactics !

Although not seen anything to worry about in Perth , all seems quite normal ...... but across the borders .... Wow !

Stop watching the news mate 😉 AFAIK it isn't that bad.

p.s. life in Perth is good,

• Like 1

i like your advice ! 😁 ...... cheers for this

2 hours ago, FOL said:

Stop watching the news mate 😉 AFAIK it isn't that bad.

p.s. life in Perth is good,

• Like 1

Well , spoke to a pal in NSW and man ! yep it aint the news ! $5k for leaving the house , $5k for exercise .... honestly married to a NHS nurse that is very high in her field ..... And hearing this agenda unveiling in Oz .... Sad times over the boarder matey , thank god Perth isn't following suit 

I have family in Victoria and Queensland (that I haven't seen for 20 months), and I can tell you it isn't too good over there at the moment.     The "rules" seem to change daily, the fines are ludicrous, and the people are beginning to get mightily cheesed off.   I think that one of the issues is that each state premier has a different slant on how to deal with it, and do so according to their ego and power play,.   Last weekend there were Freedom Rallies in every capital city around Australia.   All were well attended and peaceful, with the exception of NSW and Victoria.   NSW stopped all transport into the city and flooded Sydney with police and fining everyone for being out in public.  Victorian police rocked up part way through the rally dressed in full riot gear and firing rubber bullets and tear gas!   There is plenty of video evidence on the internet to show that the Melbourne Rally was peaceful until the police appeared, and the whole situation is just inflaming the general population.   Behind a lot of this is the coercion to bring in mandatory vaccination and vaccine passports to even leave your own state to travel within Australia.   Many people are against forced vaccination believing "my body, my choice" and I totally agree with that as I think we should have the final say over what we do to our bodies, as per our Constitution, but I think the government have gone about the whole thing too forcefully and with bad planning, so there are lots of rumblings of discontent among the population.   WA so far has been lucky that we haven't been inundated with cases, but it is only a matter of time, and like very many other people around the world, I think we just have to learn to live with it.   What scares me most though is that the police in Victoria would turn on a peaceful rally with such a show of force..... not sure where that will end, but I don't think it will be good for any of us.

1 hour ago, Rossmoyne said:

I have family in Victoria and Queensland (that I haven't seen for 20 months), and I can tell you it isn't too good over there at the moment.     The "rules" seem to change daily, the fines are ludicrous, and the people are beginning to get mightily cheesed off.   I think that one of the issues is that each state premier has a different slant on how to deal with it, and do so according to their ego and power play,.   Last weekend there were Freedom Rallies in every capital city around Australia.   All were well attended and peaceful, with the exception of NSW and Victoria.   NSW stopped all transport into the city and flooded Sydney with police and fining everyone for being out in public.  Victorian police rocked up part way through the rally dressed in full riot gear and firing rubber bullets and tear gas!   There is plenty of video evidence on the internet to show that the Melbourne Rally was peaceful until the police appeared, and the whole situation is just inflaming the general population.   Behind a lot of this is the coercion to bring in mandatory vaccination and vaccine passports to even leave your own state to travel within Australia.   Many people are against forced vaccination believing "my body, my choice" and I totally agree with that as I think we should have the final say over what we do to our bodies, as per our Constitution, but I think the government have gone about the whole thing too forcefully and with bad planning, so there are lots of rumblings of discontent among the population.   WA so far has been lucky that we haven't been inundated with cases, but it is only a matter of time, and like very many other people around the world, I think we just have to learn to live with it.   What scares me most though is that the police in Victoria would turn on a peaceful rally with such a show of force..... not sure where that will end, but I don't think it will be good for any of us.

I am not certain you understand why lockdowns happen. It is to protect health services from being overwhelmed. Simple as that. Look what happens if you don't, which is what some US states are currently doing. Hospitals are full of covid patients. Every ICU is full and 68 major hospitals are about to run out of oxygen. The result of that is that people are dying from the other things that normally need hospital care as the beds are all full and no space to treat them.

As for vaccination. Yes, everyone has a right to chose. But, along with any right comes responsibility and the impact on other people's right. So, personally I would support a person not getting a vaccine on the condition they sign away their right to medical care of any description. Let Darwin manage it and remove the stupid from the gene pool. 

1 hour ago, verystormy said:

I am not certain you understand why lockdowns happen. It is to protect health services from being overwhelmed. Simple as that. Look what happens if you don't, which is what some US states are currently doing. Hospitals are full of covid patients. Every ICU is full and 68 major hospitals are about to run out of oxygen. The result of that is that people are dying from the other things that normally need hospital care as the beds are all full and no space to treat them.

As for vaccination. Yes, everyone has a right to chose. But, along with any right comes responsibility and the impact on other people's right. So, personally I would support a person not getting a vaccine on the condition they sign away their right to medical care of any description. Let Darwin manage it and remove the stupid from the gene pool. 

How condescending of you to assume my understanding of lockdowns.   I am well aware of why they happen.   I have obeyed the rules each time to do my bit to keep everyone safe, so please read my comments again with that in mind. 

I just stated what is happening on the ground here in answer to the question posed by the poster.  At no time did I say that I opposed vaccination.  However, there are people who for health reasons cannot be vaccinated, and to deny them medical care of any description as you stated, is totally wrong and selfish, let alone your offensive comment about removing "the stupid from the gene pool".

There are a lot of people in Australia who are vaccine hesitant because of the bad press about Astrazenica, and I am sure that is partly because we have fared much better here than other countries, and they either don't see the need for it, or are perhaps scared of the new technology involved in the making the these MRNA vaccines.    I blame the government for a large part in this as the whole rollout of the vaccine has been a shambles in organisation and with nowhere enough vaccine available for those who want it.  The constant media and government push is wearing very thin, and if you know anything of peoples attitudes, when being pushed into something, they dig their feet in.  

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 14:48, Rossmoyne said:

However, there are people who for health reasons cannot be vaccinated, and to deny them medical care of any description as you stated

In all pro-vaccination arguments (whether optional or forceful) the pro vaxxers make a distinction about those people who can't due to health reason, so that's no argument.

Besides that, carry on with the discussion 😉