Guest themain4

110 power tools

Guest themain4

my hubby is a chippy and wondering whether it is worth bringing his 110 power tools to OZ or just by new when he gets there. the question extends to all electrical items really is it easy to convert?????? or buy new???????

cheers

jenna main

Guest Freojonny

Bring them with you. When you arrive you will need to change the plugs on them. I had to rebuy many tools and items that I decided against shipping here, which was a bad decision on my part. Logically, why buy them twice? Also the quality of tools here I find quite poor, if you have good tools there it is crazy to change them for inferior items here.

Cheers

Jon

Guest Codemaster

Hi there! do you mean he has 110 in number or 110 Volts power tools?

If he has total 110 power tools with UK plugs, it will cost a bit to change them to Aus plugs, so bring a couple of UK/Aus adaptors with you. Use them at first and then gradually change the plugs on the tools he uses the most, first. I had an extension cable on a drum with an uk plug and an Aus adaptor on it for years, before I got round to changing it.

Guest themain4

he probably has got 110 or more power tools but i actually ment 110 volts lol cheers for the info