Does everyone work in Mining over there?

Guest hezza

I am a Pom (Pommy Grant or Prisoner of her Majesty...which one is it?) originally from Nuneaton Warwickshire and have lived in Mornington VIC for 14 months.

I have a great job with Harvey Norman as a Compliance Officer but try as we might, we cannot get anyone to even apply for a Compliance Officer post based in Perth. We keep being told that everyone earns a fortune driving trucks in the mines so why work in a normal job?

I have never been to Perth and I am told it is fantastic but I live in Victoria and have a big area to cover in VIC and TAS also, so when they say that I might have to cover Perth as well I ain't best chuffed!

Is it the case that Mining jobs come before any other? :confused:

Anyone out there got a background in Retail Audit/Compliance? Company car and petrol card plus 9% super included and you would be fairly autonomous in your role (this is not an agency advert or anything, I am trying to get the position filled so I don't have to fly out to Perth every couple of months)

Cheers

Hezza

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Would love to hear some more details... We are in Perth (previously Hampshire) and I will be looking to work early next year? I have been in compliance since 1993 albeit a different industry, however the disciplines may be similar? Look forward to hearing from you.

:)

• 1 month later...
I am a Pom (Pommy Grant or Prisoner of her Majesty...which one is it?) originally from Nuneaton Warwickshire and have lived in Mornington VIC for 14 months.

I have a great job with Harvey Norman as a Compliance Officer but try as we might, we cannot get anyone to even apply for a Compliance Officer post based in Perth. We keep being told that everyone earns a fortune driving trucks in the mines so why work in a normal job?

I have never been to Perth and I am told it is fantastic but I live in Victoria and have a big area to cover in VIC and TAS also, so when they say that I might have to cover Perth as well I ain't best chuffed!

Is it the case that Mining jobs come before any other? :confused:

Anyone out there got a background in Retail Audit/Compliance? Company car and petrol card plus 9% super included and you would be fairly autonomous in your role (this is not an agency advert or anything, I am trying to get the position filled so I don't have to fly out to Perth every couple of months)

Cheers

Hezza

Have you got a job description and salary package details?

It's not for me.............. but I have a mate who may be interested.

• 1 month later...
Guest hezza

Is your mate still interested? Not required to be a qualified accountant or anything therefore package not in that bracket. Would be looking at c. $50K plus fully expensed company car plus 9% super (First Colonnial). 8 stores in Adelaide to look after as well as 25 in Perth so fairly autonomous. Should have a background in retail audit/compliance

Guest Bobcat
Is your mate still interested? Not required to be a qualified accountant or anything therefore package not in that bracket. Would be looking at c. $50K plus fully expensed company car plus 9% super (First Colonnial). 8 stores in Adelaide to look after as well as 25 in Perth so fairly autonomous. Should have a background in retail audit/compliance

Hi Hezza

My mate got a start with an air-conditioning company as that is his background. I reckon he would be suited to your position......... but, he sort of has a sense of loyalty to this mob that took him on. Not really sure what your position entails............ but this bloke used to manage property maintenance teams looking after a chain of supermarkets leased by the big boys such as Coles, Woolies etc.

I regularly get inquiries from clients seeking work .............. what exactly does your compliance officer do task wise? I may have someone else suitable if the post hasn't been filled.

I can see the big attraction of the mines.............. our eldest boy at 23 is on 80 grand a year doing FIFO, our middle son is 22 and he just started on 96 grand a year permanently based at Mt Newman. I spent 20 years working up the mines, I was a supervisor yet wages were nothing like that.:Rofl:

Regards

Johnno

Guest hezza

Johno

A Compliance officer over here is basically a retail auditor checking compliance to procedures, monitoring activities for fraud, stock adjustments, debtors etc. Not an accountant as such but a field auditor checking stores are complying to procedures and/or ensuring procedures are adequate. Good report writing and people skills involved

Cheers

Guest Bobcat
Johno

A Compliance officer over here is basically a retail auditor checking compliance to procedures, monitoring activities for fraud, stock adjustments, debtors etc. Not an accountant as such but a field auditor checking stores are complying to procedures and/or ensuring procedures are adequate. Good report writing and people skills involved

Cheers

Thanks for that Hezza.

I'll let you know if I match anyone against the tasks you've listed.

I've got the auditor coming in next week to go through my Trust Account with a fine tooth comb.

regards

Johnno