Guest steve777

mental health nursing

Thank you, I moved into an acting CNS position about 2 years after I arrived and been in the substantive post for 3 years. There is career progression here

Congratulations! I think it can take about 2 weeks for your AHPRA stuff to come through after presenting at the office (so I'm told), we've had a couple of new starters this year and they gave themselves about 3 weeks.

Oh I didn't even think of that! Thank you! My friends in Perth and he said a month or so, so I'd guess he was about right!

Just an update - I got the job!!! How long do you think I would need to settle in Perth before I start work?

Well done, when do you start ?. Have you been to Perth before. I am amazed how nice it is can't wait to live here. The hospital is lovely , I was there over an hour having a tour round, meeting the staff etc. I was told they couldn't offer me anything yet as they have to follow recruitment procedures. I will have a skype interview June time. Then if successful they will offer me a full time newly qualified post. She was impressed with my student placement documents and that we study physical health also. We discussed salary, hours etc. She told me that all the new starters will start when new build opens and it will be nice when I start round sept time bit quieter as things will have settled. Also I was told to find out if APHRA will let me register without experience. So all sounds promising :)

Well done again

Thank you! In the skype interview they said end of April, there's no date on my email, just my contract! They've asked for me to sign and email back, I'm unsure if a typed name will be sufficient though?

Oh I'm glad to hear about the hospital! The staff that interviewed me were lovely, put me at ease totally!

I've not been to perth, I have family and friends there though, so I'm hoping the move will be a bit easier as it will just be me!

I imagine you'll get a registration - I know nurses that have gone straight to Australia :)

If you want to talk prior to your interview feel free to pm me and I'll give you my Facebook/email details :)

P.s good luck for June!

Great news!! When you start. Have you got visas etc sorted ? Have the hospital helped you with the process. Really excited for you keep me updated. I keep wishing it to be June now so I can hopefully sign a contract x

Haven't started the visa process yet, I am in contact with the visa/migration agent that works with Ramsay, she said it would be in February. I'm in the process of getting the AHPRA forms done - it's more complex than I had anticipated!