Real Estate Administrator

Guest Erica

I am 40 years old and looking to move to Oz with my fiance. I have over 23 years experience in the estate agency sector in the UK. My experience is mostly in the adminstrative side of the business, but the nature of the business means you also get to register people looking for properties and occasionally go out to sell them.

Could anyone let me know what sort of opportunities there would be for someone like me in Australia and how could a chance would I stand applying for a Visa.

My partner has over 20 years experience as a sales assistant in a timber merchants / ironmongers. Can anyone help with his chances too.

Erica

• 1 month later...
Guest carla

Hi Erica

My husband and I are hoping to move to Perth next year with our 12 month old son. I have been wondering the same question regarding jobs!

I have been a Senior Property Negotiator in Plymouth for the past ten years and am hoping to get a part time position in the same field.

Our friend who lives in Perth has said that the estate agency business is booming, so fingers croosed you should get a good job!

My husbands a bricklayer so hopefully we will have no trouble with our visas, at the moment they are on the skilled shortage list.

Have you tried those sites emigration agency sites where you or your partner can do an online assessment, it will let you know if you will get in to oz!

Good luck

CARLA:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Bobcat
Hi Erica

My husband and I are hoping to move to Perth next year with our 12 month old son. I have been wondering the same question regarding jobs!

I have been a Senior Property Negotiator in Plymouth for the past ten years and am hoping to get a part time position in the same field.

Our friend who lives in Perth has said that the estate agency business is booming, so fingers croosed you should get a good job!

My husbands a bricklayer so hopefully we will have no trouble with our visas, at the moment they are on the skilled shortage list.

Have you tried those sites emigration agency sites where you or your partner can do an online assessment, it will let you know if you will get in to oz!

Good luck

CARLA:rolleyes:

The estate agency business is no longer booming now Carla. Plenty of real estate agents in Perth are feeling the pinch.

This current slump in the market is the worst I have seen it in my 11 years in the industry. :o

I am currently looking for 2 experienced sales reps if there is anyone in Perth NOR with necessary sales rep licence?

Johnno

Guest carla

Hi

Thanks for that ,

Please could you tell me if that also applies for letting agencies in Perth? I am working as a letting agent in the UK not sales! Hoping this maybe more stable.

Also what about bricklayers work is it also slowing up?

My husband has work as a self employed brickie when he gets there from a ozzie mate but we havent spoke to him for over 6 weeks so things could have changed, it has here in the UK.:cool:

Thanks

Carla

The estate agency business is no longer booming now Carla. Plenty of real estate agents in Perth are feeling the pinch.

This current slump in the market is the worst I have seen it in my 11 years in the industry. :o

I am currently looking for 2 experienced sales reps if there is anyone in Perth NOR with necessary sales rep licence?

Johnno

Guest Bobcat
Hi

Thanks for that ,

Please could you tell me if that also applies for letting agencies in Perth? I am working as a letting agent in the UK not sales! Hoping this maybe more stable.

Also what about bricklayers work is it also slowing up?

My husband has work as a self employed brickie when he gets there from a ozzie mate but we havent spoke to him for over 6 weeks so things could have changed, it has here in the UK.:cool:

Thanks

Carla

Hi Carla

Good property managers are worth their weight in gold over here in Perth; huge turnover in staff in that department. I would say you'd get a start standing on your head as good property managers are in big demand and hard to find.

You would have to familiarise yourself with how the system works here in WA; and you would have to go through all the red tape and obtain the relevant REIWA licence to operate.

I would advise you to do the course by correspondence with REIWA, get your licence already prior to your arrival in WA then you will be ready to get stuck into it. You will need to familiarise yourself with all the areas close to where you will be living/working.

Best of luck to you.

Plenty of buildings still going up apparently; weather is fairly ordinary at present........... brickies tend to get rained off at the moment.

Johnno

http://www.johnmasonrealestate.com.au