Weather and Lifestyle

Guest mhsacc

:Wub:Hi

Just a couple of questions for starters today. What is the weather like in Perth, Australia at it's coldest time and is it really a better lifestyle for families in Perth rather than UK? I have heard the schools are very good and the property prices in Perth are booming.

Thanks

Marnie

I think property prices are slowing, houses are on the market a bit longer than they were when we arrived. We had a fair bit of rain in winter (which was much needed). We've been here a year and have a 12 and 8 year old and love the lifestyle. I'm sure you'll get good and bad schools like everywhere and sometimes it's really a matter of personal opinion. I've found the schools to be more relaxed.

Thank you for your reply. I am feeling a bit nervous at the moment as it would be quite an upheaval from the UK. My husband is enquiring at work today about the job in Perth as it will be with the same company over there.

Curious about the quote you put on the end of your messsage - just a quote or are you a Christian like me?:D

Bit of both really - thought it was rather apt for a forum. Believe me, the butterflies won't stop until you've been here a while! Some say Perth is boring, but to be honest we think it's great, we feel quite relaxed and content here. It's also helped that the children settled in so well

Ali