whats your job ..

So just wondering if we all have a say on this thread on whats your job .. rough wages and how easy /hard it is to find work once your here in Perth .. also those who are coming over maybe able to bounce questions of each other in the process if they say what they do too ..you never know you may find employment this way .. its not what you know but who sometimes :)

anways .. i am a hairdresser . and was able to walk into a job straight away once here , i had to resit my hair exams within 6 months theory and practical .. but now that has been abolished and you don't have to register with the WA hairdressing board anymore .

my average is 23 dollars an hour as a casual with super , no sick or holidays with that .. as permenent the wages were lower but you do get sick and hols etc my old employment was about 19 per hr plus tools allowance .. they do average at that though i have seen jobs adveritsed at a higher wage as well .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a smart woman, and a moderator at that, to think up new subjects... I like where the website is heading now! When I joined this site there were heaps of questions no one was answering... I did`nt look at the sister site to this one until I Was on holidays in Brisbane.. what my job is won`t help anyone here... I just answer and ask questions, surveys etc.:notworthy::wubclub:

So just wondering if we all have a say on this thread on whats your job .. rough wages and how easy /hard it is to find work once your here in Perth .. also those who are coming over maybe able to bouce questions of each other in the process if they say what they do too ..you never know you may find employment this way .. its not what you know but who sometimes :)

anways .. i am a hairdresser . and was able to walk into a job straight away once here , i had to resit my hair exams within 6 months theory and practical .. but now that has been abolished and you don't have to register with the WA hairdressing board anymore .

my average is 23 dollars an hour as a casual with super , no sick or holidays with that .. as permenent the wages were lower but you do get sick and hols etc my old employment was about 19 per hr plus tools allowance .. they do average at that though i have seen jobs adveritsed at a higher wage as well .

So no reg any. 2 bit hairdresser wannabe can at worse maim kill a lady , sounds right for WA that safety is paramount u less production or costs are at risk

So no reg any. 2 bit hairdresser wannabe can at worse maim kill a lady , sounds right for WA that safety is paramount u less production or costs are at risk

It was only Wa thet had the registration , no other states did .. now its down to the training academys and the employers ...

Years a go we used to have the same in the uk , they got rid of it there as well !

It takes a smart woman, and a moderator at that, to think up new subjects... I like where the website is heading now! When I joined this site there were heaps of questions no one was answering... I did`nt look at the sister site to this one until I Was on holidays in Brisbane.. what my job is won`t help anyone here... I just answer and ask questions, surveys etc.:notworthy::wubclub:

Thanks for your comments - we're really pleased at how the site is developing now, and the new members. Your contributions are great by the way and really helpful.

Guest NeilEB

Thanks for the subject - I had a major panic yesterday when I had some figures of how much it costs to live in Perth.

Anyway I work in IT - SAP / Business Analyst, but am in the UK waiting for my visa - if anyone has any info on wages (or contacts etc) then I'm all ears....erm...eyes :-)

well i havent arrived yet ( not till the end of june)

i have a job lined up in the Environmental sector..

hourly rate.. er..(grabs calculator).. $56/hr.. but with LAFA.. it would be the equiv after tax of $68/hr.. if that makes sense!

cant wait to get over the ditch and check it all out.. been on Coles.. and to be honest .. compared with NZ.. its a lot cheaper..!

I am a senior recruiter and have just been offered 2 jobs here doing the same. Apparently the biggest problem in our industry is finding people looking for work so if I take either of the jobs I am sure I will be posting them on here.

without trying to break the salary down it is 6 figure base + super + monthly bonuses + allowances + LAFHA

I think that Hays.co.au have a salary survey on there website which may give a little more advice

Guest guest1228

I am a nurse, work for the private sector...salary approx $33 an hour but I do only work Mon to Thurs no shifts, could increase if I could be bothered to work lates and weekends but for now...not!

I would like to hear from people who are living the dream and not working (after a weekend in M River feeling very uninspired re work!) Want to live off my land and not be a wage slave...achievable? Unfortunately not.

Guest Gilly
I am a nurse, work for the private sector...salary approx $33 an hour but I do only work Mon to Thurs no shifts, could increase if I could be bothered to work lates and weekends but for now...not!

I would like to hear from people who are living the dream and not working (after a weekend in M River feeling very uninspired re work!) Want to live off my land and not be a wage slave...achievable? Unfortunately not.

Hi Im a nurse working in the UK dual trained adults and children. I currently work as a looked after childrens nurse and Im really interested in the work situation in Perth. I would like to continue working with children in the commnity but feel I prob will have to start in a hospital/clinic. I would just like to know how long it might take roughly to get work. I am reg. in Australia and have a PR visa. Gilly

I'm a senior analyst programmer - and I would be able to earn around about the $100000 mark if I worked in Perth. My problem is I work with mainframe, cobol db2 and there is little call for this in Perth (better in Canberra and Melbourne). I am trying to re train in c# .net at present. This won't earn me more money, but it will improve my chances of employment in both the UK and Australia.

For the first time in 26 years I am not working:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:I was an employment law adviser for the Civil Service and I am now a housewife and have no desire to change that at the moment. My Oh is a Toolmaker/Machinist and we are fortunate that he had two job offers before we came to Australia, so he was able to pick between the two. He also was lucky in that one was very near and he was given a works Ute withing a few weeks, so we are fortunate.:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest keith73

I am a Datacommunications Engineer still in Scotland, but I will be a house husband for a while in oz untill we get the kids settled in school.

OH is an ICU nurse cant remember her salary 60k I think.

Any data engineers out there looking for info on wages and tickets that i will need when I start work would be a bonus.

Cheers