Cavoodles

Plumbing in the Mines

Hi guys

We are a family of 4 considering moving at some point to Perth. Currently we are in Adelaide and doing alright but feel something is missing.

I visited Perth in December to visit a good friend and loved the feel of the area ( Joondulup).

My understanding is Perth is slighty more expensive than Adelaide and I dont want to forfeit what we have here to struggle in a new city but I cant shift that "what if feeling"

My hubby is a plumber and has been working successfully in SA pretty much as soon as we got of the plane and is just finishing his Cert 4 at Tafe.

What would he need to do to get work in the mines as a plumber ??

Generally what is the average wage for Plumbers in WA mines and Plumbers in general ?

Thanks in advance for any input and help offered

:wubclub:

Hi , im afraid i can't answer your question .. though i do hope someone may pop and give you some help .

The other option is pop onto www.pomsinoz.com as its the bigger sister site to this and a wider audience you may get more help .. if you do please let us know how you get on :)

Hi guys

We are a family of 4 considering moving at some point to Perth. Currently we are in Adelaide and doing alright but feel something is missing.

I visited Perth in December to visit a good friend and loved the feel of the area ( Joondulup).

My understanding is Perth is slighty more expensive than Adelaide and I dont want to forfeit what we have here to struggle in a new city but I cant shift that "what if feeling"

My hubby is a plumber and has been working successfully in SA pretty much as soon as we got of the plane and is just finishing his Cert 4 at Tafe.

What would he need to do to get work in the mines as a plumber ??

Generally what is the average wage for Plumbers in WA mines and Plumbers in general ?

Thanks in advance for any input and help offered

There's not much plumbing in a big hole lol , saying that most if all maintenance is done by contractors , all work up north mines or other FIFO is well paid butonly because you are there ling periods 2 , 3 or 4 weeks on and 1 or 2 weeks off hours are long but it's good money ,

Thanks Jackboot and Goat

So what about info on unskilled mine jobs any advice on where I would find those and what they are. Been on WESTJOBS but it doesnt say what the unskilled roles are. It just mentions them.

And Goat I think you are right plumbing doesnt seem that popular up there.

Would still like info on average wages for Plumbers in Perth please the repetuable companies

Thanks again:wubclub:

wow it certainly does.....I had never put the FIFO before doh!!

Thanks again found 2 jobs for him to apply for fingers crossed we might get there sooner than later x