Just phoned Aus - IMAN Healthcare

Guest Jeri

:smile:

And a friendly happy lady, called Linda, with a lovely Aus accent answered.

So...

I go online and become a member, choose my package, put my date of arrival (or estimated), this can change with a simple email.

They will take out the first months amount 'now'.. at time of becoming a member and they will then hold that for the 'month you arrive'....

so your second payment will come out the second month after you arrive.

If your date of arrival changes, you just email them and no problem.

All the packages that are shown are acceptable for all the visas listed including the basic packages.

From the time of joining, you will receive an email letter stating your package and that you are a member ect, which you can print and put with your visa application.

When filling out the member form, it asks for your Australian address, this doesn't necessarily have to be yours, so if you have friends/family or a job you are going to, you can use it... NO CORRESPONDENCE will go to this address, and when you arrive in Aus, you can then change your address and details.. ect..

Where you don't or can't answer, just put n/a...

Hope this helps anyone who is looking how to do the adequate health insurance 'thing'

xx

:smile:

And a friendly happy lady, called Linda, with a lovely Aus accent answered.

So...

I go online and become a member, choose my package, put my date of arrival (or estimated), this can change with a simple email.

They will take out the first months amount 'now'.. at time of becoming a member and they will then hold that for the 'month you arrive'....

so your second payment will come out the second month after you arrive.

If your date of arrival changes, you just email them and no problem.

All the packages that are shown are acceptable for all the visas listed including the basic packages.

From the time of joining, you will receive an email letter stating your package and that you are a member ect, which you can print and put with your visa application.

When filling out the member form, it asks for your Australian address, this doesn't necessarily have to be yours, so if you have friends/family or a job you are going to, you can use it... NO CORRESPONDENCE will go to this address, and when you arrive in Aus, you can then change your address and details.. ect..

Where you don't or can't answer, just put n/a...

Hope this helps anyone who is looking how to do the adequate health insurance 'thing'

xx

Thanks Jeri

We are just about to fill out our 457 visa application and we need this to submit our application.

Thanks Jeri, I'll have a wee look at that myself!

I surmise as kiwi you won't be on a temp visa ,the companies offer temp health insurance at extortionate prices. When the criteria for health ins for visas changed they offered bridging insurance for bout 50 bucks to appease diac but have dropped it . Uk peeps qualify for the Medicare reciprocal agreement so public health and hospital treatment is available . As Ali says Ambo cover is must bout 100 bucks a year for a family

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest4575

I'm trying to work my way through this particular minefiled - as a Brit but have been living in Luxembourg for 11 years - I'm not sure I can qualify for the Medicare reciprocal arrangement?

• 5 months later...

Confused.com!!! We have to provide evidence of private health cover for our 457 application. However, we are Irish and so fall under the reciprocal agreement.

Does this mean that once we arrive in Oz, we can just cancel our private health cover? And then maybe take out a policy that covers just ambulance and dental? Just don't know what to do and don't want to be paying out money for a policy we don't really need.

Also, I'm hoping to have another baby while we're out there so what are my options as a temp resident if I've no private cover? I'm not too bothered about not attending a private hospital as would prefer a birthing centre or home birth. Thanks for any help you can offer.

To throw one other thing into the mix that may be worth considering for some - emigration insurance. We took this out as our existing travel insurance didn't cover emigration trips. We covered flights, luggage and 1 month of medical care after arrival. Which is enough time to be able to get health cover sorted once here and in the same time zone (instead of long, expensive phone calls).

Confused.com!!! We have to provide evidence of private health cover for our 457 application.
My thoughts would be that if it's a condition of your visa to have private cover and you cancel it, then you might be breaking your visa agreement. I'd be reading that paperwork carefully!

Guest Glasgow2012

We have just had our 457 visa's approved and the only insurance we needed was an annual travel insurance policy. We already had this through our bank account so it never cost us anything but i'm sure a basic policy can be picked up for as little as £30/£40. Not sure if this only applies to countries with reciprocal health care though.

We intend to enrol with medicare one we arrive and may then look at taking out private cover.

• 1 month later...