1 year anniversary for Cath, Matt and Trav!

Give me a break!

:notworthy:Well it was our one year Aussie anniversary on Friday and we were having so much fun I forgot to come and post my sincere apologies:embarressed: What are my thoughts after one year on. Fan flaming tastic thats what. Would anyone be able to drag me on a plan back to the UK, not on your nelly!

Our build starts in a few weeks down at Lakelands, we are building near the Mandurah Baptist College and we have applied for Trav to go there. It is Private and there is a 2 year waiting list but fingers crossed he gets in. My OH is still on the same job and is now working a perminant night shift which he has chosen to do and which means he has Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday at home with us. We can still afford to build a 4x2 with a theater room, laundry, study and office with a swimming pool on his one wage and its less than a kilometre to a gorgeous beach. Its a 9 minute drive to Secret Harbour which I love and also a 4 minute drive to Mandurah with all its shops and restaurants that I also love. I am hoping to start retraining as a Nurse soon, a job I have always wanted to do but couldnt afford to do in the UK. One year on and we have made some fantastic friends both Brits and Aussies and we have to say we love the Aussie sense of humour and have not once had anything remotely negative said to us. The thing that shocks me a bit is how cold it can feel at night in the winter, I was warned about this but didnt really beleive anyone. Its a lovely 18 degrees during the day but then can drip down to 3 at night and thats a shocker when you have no heating and you stupidly decided to give all your warm clothes to charity in the UK:biglaugh: That said you know its for a short while and then we will be back to the gorgeous spring and back in the water we go. We have such a blessed life here and we know it. Good luck to you all in the process of coming. As I have said before its worth every sad moment, this truly is a wonderful life :jiggy:

Guest LaneyOOO

:notworthy:Ah Catherine I am so happy you are so happy :-)) it has all come together for you and your family.

You are such a positive person and I think that has helped you settle so much and not letting the little things that bother you get to you

you focus on all the good stuff.

Good Luck with the new house and I hope it does'nt take too long

All the best, we will all have to catch up one day

Laney xxxxxx:jiggy:

What a wonderful post!:wink:..i know Aus is not for everyone, but when you read a post like yours, which has such positivity and energy, i am sure it helps people who are making the move over to feel better and hopeful. And ofcourse as importantly, it's great for you and your family! So all the best to you for another wonderful year, and best of luck with your build and school..take care and Congrats!! x

Guest Anouska

Congratulations Catherine,

It is good to read such a positive comment, with some good pointers!!

Well done to you and your family, embracing the way of life and "living the dream".

Hope all goes well with the house build, lakelands looks fab :)

Anouska x5284888b-2ffb-54f0.jpg July in sunny Hampshire UK !!!!!!!