Questions from the Stuart family

Guest PALMS

Hi all

We are a family of 3, Paul, Lizzi and daughter Molly 15 in April.

At the moment we are in the process of applying to move to Perth, Australia.

Paul is a gas and plumbing engineer and has been since 1987. I am a nursery nurse with a NNEB qualification since 1987.

We are excitied about this life changing move, but also daunted.

We have sold our house and are now renting until we leave as we didn't want that added pressure of selling when the time comes.

We have a few questions, hope someone might be able to help.

When we arrive is Paul able to start work straight away or does he have to go through any skills assessment tests? :confused:

Do we need to retake our driving test or are our British licences enough?

Although Molly will have finished school in England and taken her final exams, will she need to continue her education in Aus until she is 18 as we have been told? She is interested in going to college to learn beauty therapy and hairdressing so is this something we need to look into before we arrive?

I was thinking of joining a staff agency, as this would give me a good way of meeting new people and getting to know the area (along with my sat nav!!)does this sound like a fair idea? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

We hope we haven't asked too many questions and look forward to hearing the replys.

Guest harrison family

Hi Stuart Family,

We have just started the process of applying to emmigrate after my sister and best friend went oct,nov 2007.

My hubbie is a bricklayer and we have ran our own building business for the last 10 yrs here in the U.K. He has had to do a trade assessment through Vettasses in Australia. If you go on to there website www.vetassess.com.au you should find all the information you need for applying to get your hubby assessed.

We also have 2 daughters Frankie (francesca) is 16 and in her last year at school taking her GCSE's she wants to go on and become a dietecian if you look at website for tafe which is further education colleges in perth it will give you a list of courses they can do.

I am still new to researching, but luckily i have 2 people doing a bit of reconnaisance for us. My other daughter Kirsty is 12 and just started her secondary education here in the Uk. Both girls are really looking forward to it (just hope we get in now).

I hope this helps a little.

Take Care

Sallie(38) Lee(40) Frankie(16) & kirsty(12)

Started Nov 2007

Written Ass Approved Jan2008

Physical Trade Ass April 2008